• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Geico Insures Speed Racer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
konosuke15

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:35 am Reply with quote
this is going to be THE commercial i want to see for AWHILE!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:50 am Reply with quote
I saw it by accident this past Saturday 5/7 but I didn't get the chance to hear the whole thing. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it again. They play a lot of 'Geico' commercials on the 'Weather Channel' and early mornings.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:54 am Reply with quote
If I didn't think the original actors played their roles, I could've sworn that Veronica Taylor is Trixie.

I do believe this originally aired during the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Game over a month ago. I remember because my roomate and I were surprised that this never made it to the Super Bowl.
Dachande

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:58 am Reply with quote
I saw it awhile ago and I found it quite humorous.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SnowStar_7*

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Saw it today in the morning actually and my first thought was 'this will probably be posted on ANN today'.
JiJi McPaws

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:06 pm Reply with quote
You know, I can honestly say that Geiko does do a great job at marketing. With the gecko and several trademarks, their commercials are pretty clever.

I've never seen any episodes speed racer however I could've sworn I saw a boxed set for 14.99 at best buy. I have no idea what was up with the monkeys in the back seat of the car, I should watch the show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:10 pm Reply with quote
I saw it, it was too funny. Like the Geiko commercals that's one of my favorites right next to the exercise one since it really has one of those exercise gurus in it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

Of course, this is coming from a guy that was stranded by Geico on the sided of the highway for 4 Hours after an accident to get a claim. State Farm has better service.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:18 pm Reply with quote
This commercial is at least 2 months old.

Also, Geico (Government Employee's Insurance Company) is also one of the most expensive insurance companies out there. Allstate and AAA is much much cheaper.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tribblewing

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I also saw the commerical on the same day (5/7), but around 1:49 a.m. of Saturday. I noted it on paper cause I was journaling at the time.

Needless to say, I was caught unawares and thought I was either hallucinating, or they were doing reruns of Speed Racer off non-cable TV.

Last edited by Tribblewing on Tue May 10, 2005 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:48 pm Reply with quote
I caught the end of it while flipping channels last night. I got excited because I thought it was an actually espisode. The best Geico commercial is the one with "Sometimes when we touch" playing in it.
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:28 pm Reply with quote
This has got to be one of THE dumbest commercials for Geico yet. It's right next to the 2 about the caveman and his friends(Which I don't understand one bit Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
angieness

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Yep I saw that one yesterday. One thing that's pretty funny is my philosophy teacher who's apparently some big famous british comedian was approached by Geico to do the gecko's voice recently
emory

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:40 pm Reply with quote
This gimmick is dead.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:44 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
This commercial is at least 2 months old.

Also, Geico (Government Employee's Insurance Company) is also one of the most expensive insurance companies out there. Allstate and AAA is much much cheaper.

Not as cheap as Progressive, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2