• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I wish Aniplex put out cheaper sets for some of their titles. I would be more willing to give them money if they had sets that would not so pricey. From the way things look now, I guess the Bacanno BD is going to be the only thing from them that I will ever own.

Last edited by asimpson2006 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:41 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
So Aniplex is offering the Fate/Zero BD boxset as an import over at rightstuf, and the price is exactly what you would expect:
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/J62ULhjQmJ3PYvyWJm/browse/item/93826/4/0/0

via TRSI...
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Yeah to add insult to injury it's $10 more for "non-US constumers" Laughing .
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote
So naturally my question is ... will F/Z be like KnK and we never get an actual NA version? Or like Madoka will there be an expensive and then less expensive option? If there is never going to be a less expensive option I will [expletive] hate Aniplex forever as well as anybody who buys from them. You have been warned.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:57 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Yeah to add insult to injury it's $10 more for "non-US constumers" Laughing .

Because we can't replace these, we are putting insurance on them all. On the flip side, they will all be sent by a trackable express (3-5 day) ship method with that insurance.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:58 pm Reply with quote
If Aniplex can restrict the import of Madoka to Japan because of "licensing issues" then why the f*ck can't they do it here and give us a price that isn't Nazi-fied? Even compared to the Garden of Sinners release this is pure highway robbery, and straight up greed. I want to buy this but not at this price. I honestly hope this fails miserably. Sorry! Laughing ...............(you watch I'll end up pre-ordering it in Feb....what a douchebag Rolling Eyes ).

@ Shawnek

Yeah I read that on your site just then. That's definitely worth the extra little bit (for those who will actually buy this Laughing ).
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:04 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
jmfsilenthill wrote:
So Aniplex is offering the Fate/Zero BD boxset as an import over at rightstuf, and the price is exactly what you would expect:
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/J62ULhjQmJ3PYvyWJm/browse/item/93826/4/0/0

via TRSI...

More info on what's included in the release here:

http://www.fatezerousa.com/product-default.php
Heiki-kun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:16 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
Because we can't replace these, we are putting insurance on them all. On the flip side, they will all be sent by a trackable express (3-5 day) ship method with that insurance.

While I'm slightly interested in purchasing the show, a package sent to my country through that method would cost me A LOT to clear customs. Sad
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quote
This nonsense is almost making me want to cancel my preorders for the Madoka LE sets out of a desire to never give them any of my money. Or, perhaps, they want to make us feel the price on the Madoka sets are a steal Wink.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Fate/Zero is being streamed legally, right?

Unfortunately, if they manage to sell even a few copies (which they probably will) they'll call it a success.

Oh, and since this is just part one, start saving those pennies now for part two! Twisted Evil
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Too bad for Aniplex that I don't have a crippling fear of having money to my name and must throw it at the most expensive thing in a 5 mile internet radius.

And oh man, way to point out that it's only Set 1, OldCharlie! That's somehow even more frightening! Normally I feel like I'd go "well thanks for bringing it over, better than not having it at all", but at the MSRP of $1000 for a 25 episode series (a mere cost of $40 per episode at MSRP, a bargain of about $30 per ep at TRSI's price, I don't blame TRSI though since they're just so damn awesome and probably don't have a say in this price whatsoever), I feel like I'd need to make sure all of my organs and limbs are still there in the morning if I actually bought it. I don't care how many CDs or booklets come with it, I don't think that price can be justified. I notice special features have trailers, what for, other stuff that will come over here for $400+?

Well, you just know someone out there is gladly removing their own kidney to make money for this.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:15 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:

Well, you just know someone out there is gladly removing their own kidney to make money for this.

That person doesn't deserve kidneys in the first place Laughing /
EpicLotus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote
A lot of people here think Aniplex's releases are poncey crap, but their business model seems to be doing well enough for the releases to continue in this fashion. That says to me that there's a larger number of non-vocal supporters who find it enjoyable and the price matches the value.

I can also say another thing. I've been watching daily for a Garden of Sinners box set for about 6 months on eBay, and I have seen only one set for sale in that time, which sold for far over its initial retail price. Clearly, the values are holding and increasing in the short-term, and that's what creates customer retention. Ten years from now, when you can pick up a KnK set on ebay for $50 because there's some new magical format (or everything is pure streaming), nobody will care that it originally cost $400.

Personally, as long as they sell enough to sustain the business and continue with releases, I don't care if everyone and their mother can afford it. These sets are the Ferrari of the hobby, but most people are complaining that they're not getting them for the same price as the Hyundai-level releases that Funimation puts out. That's too bad.
EpicLotus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Annf wrote:
the plebeians may eat cake.

That got a hearty laugh out of me Laughing
Annf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote
EpicLotus wrote:
Annf wrote:
the plebeians may eat cake.

That got a hearty laugh out of me Laughing

Doh, and someone quoted me before I deleted it. Razz
I released that belonged more in the Fate thread than this general Aniplex one.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:17 am Reply with quote
Oreimo has sold out on both Rightstuf and Bandai's Store. Anime Nation still has it for $75, RACS for $80, and there are some copies on Amazon ranging from $60-$126.99 (yet the ones listed for $60 are from Bandai's Store so the listing might get taken down soon because they sold out on their site).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 108