• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Samurai Gun Licensed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E_X

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:39 am Reply with quote
Meh...dont care. Since i didn't get to see it on fansubs dont really know if it's worth it so I'll most likely wont be buying/renting it. Maybe if a friend lets me borrow it....
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:04 pm Reply with quote
E_X wrote:
Meh...don't care. Since i didn't get to see it on fansubs don't really know if it's worth it so I'll most likely wont be buying/renting it. Maybe if a friend lets me borrow it....

Dude, you complain a lot. Just watch the trailer, and if you like what you see, give it a rental. Or wait for Bamboo's Shelf Life Section to see if it's shelf worthy. Just because you don't get to see it on fansub doesn't give you the right to bitch and moan.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:47 pm Reply with quote
I don't think any fansubbers picked this one up. I may have heard about it at some point, but I know absolutely nothing about this series. I suppose it could be interesting, but I need more info.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:59 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
E_X wrote:
Meh...don't care. Since i didn't get to see it on fansubs don't really know if it's worth it so I'll most likely wont be buying/renting it. Maybe if a friend lets me borrow it....

Dude, you complain a lot. Just watch the trailer, and if you like what you see, give it a rental. Or wait for Bamboo's Shelf Life Section to see if it's shelf worthy. Just because you don't get to see it on fansub doesn't give you the right to bad word and moan.

Trailers that ADV cook up more often than not turn me off of a show, and Shelf Life is written based on the opinion of one person (not to say that is bad, but.. you know what I mean,. Replace Shelf Life with AnimeonDVD.com, you've got the same thing). While I'm not nessecerally saying fansubs are a good thing, this show has gotten little to no actual exposure, so you're walking into it blind.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quote
nobody really picked it up, cause a lot of people thought it was terrible.

i haven't seen it myself.
E_X

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Sorry if i sounded like i was complaining or something but i'm not bad wording (or moaning ??) neither Samurai Gun nor ADV. It is a reality that I dont know if this is good or not for me since i didn't watch it, it's a reality that the only way i find out about new shows for myself (since i dont live in Japan) is by watching fansubs, so please dont be so quick to lecture me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1