• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz To Release Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eelozano

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:31 am Reply with quote
So looking forward to getting my first issue of Shojo Beat Very Happy
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:22 am Reply with quote
Just for clarification, FY is not going to be part of the magazine:

Shoujobeat.com wrote:
The real drama begins in Shojo Beat!
Six of the hottest shojo manga from Japan—
Absolute Boyfriend, (by superstar creator Yuu Watase!!),
Baby & Me, Crimson Hero, Godchild, Kaze Hikaru,
and the hottest title in Japan, Nana!

Instead, like several others, FY: Genbu Kaiden will be part of the Shoujo Beat line of graphic novels, which also includes titles like Full Moon Wo Sagashite and Ultra Maniac. Just hope you weren't getting your hopes up in seeing it serialized in the magazine. Smile

Last edited by Godaistudios on Mon May 23, 2005 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
eelozano

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:18 pm Reply with quote
No, I already knew the lineup for the serialized manga in the first issue.

I was just randomly stating that I was looking forward to getting my first issue Very Happy
Jadress

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:20 pm Reply with quote
So is this the story of Genbu no miko (with love interest Tatara) which took place before the regular FY, or a different story altogether?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
IvoryBirch

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
So is this the story of Genbu no miko (with love interest Tatara) which took place before the regular FY, or a different story altogether?

Well, it is the story of Genbu no miko, but it doesn't involve Tatara (he's from the Byakko story arc). So, it's a different story altogether - one that was only touched on in the original FY when it talked about the author of the Japanese version of The Universe of the Four Gods.
RabbitRevolution

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quote
I think that Genbu no Miko is about the first priestess to enter the Universe of the Four Gods. This priestess is the daughter of the Japanese translator and a friend of the priestess of Byakko (who loved Tatara). According to the account in the original Fushigi Yuugi series, spoiler[the Genbu god was slowly consuming her body. Her father then killed her to save her from her pain, and then killed himself out of grief. ]
Jadress

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:43 am Reply with quote
Oops, been a while since I watched the show, so I got Genbu and Byakko mixed up. Well, sounds like it could be really cool.. I'm just glad that if Watase is picking up a new story at all, that it should be in the past and not a future of more people finding the book.. (the last OAV was atrocious, and I'm a diehard FY fan).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
midori kou

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:04 am Reply with quote
I have read it since it was released in Japan and all I can say is Yuu Watase is really struggling to make this a sad, tragic story. It's kinda optimistic right now. Surprised
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1