• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Show ratings

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadow13

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Any chance that the rating features for anime can be disabled for yet to be released materials and be enabled when the show or movie is released; I am noticing people rating yet to be released shows
ie: anime#8423
finalnight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:49 pm Reply with quote
This entry is allowing people to vote even though this movie is not yet released and won't be for years.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:31 am Reply with quote
I'm afraid this has been an old problem for sequels and remakes (sigh).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:31 am Reply with quote
Also, people are rating the Ninja Resurrection television series which was never released. See here:

anime#1012

Any chance of disabling ratings for this one (or at least prevent it from showing in the rankings)?

Also, sorry if I posted this in a bad place.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:51 am Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
Also, people are rating the Ninja Resurrection television series which was never released. See here:

anime#1012

Any chance of disabling ratings for this one (or at least prevent it from showing in the rankings)?

I've labeled it "cancelled" and taken it out from the alphabetical list, but submitted ratings can't be deleted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:46 am Reply with quote
It's not a bug, it's a feature; people who vote for not-yet-released anime are assumed to be "confused", which lowers the weight they have when calculating the rankings Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1