• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Next Naruto Shippūden Film Set for Summer 2012

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:06 am Reply with quote
Given how close the manga seems to be to ending right now, I wonder if this'll be the last of the movies? Doubtful I guess, since the anime is a good ways behind, but I can;t imagine there would be too many more films.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote
You mean its still popular enough for movies? lol... I've practically stopped reading and watching it myself ...
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:59 pm Reply with quote
The manga seemed like it was about to end during the Pain arc, and look what happened!
As for the movie, no shock. They'll pump these out for as long as they continue to make profit.
Just a shame they don't care about the plot for them!
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quote
just keep milking the cash cow. Laughing Laughing Laughing
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, can't wait for it.
BonusStage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Kishimoto is a genius, he even paid homaged to the movies in the manga. He created an awesome franchise I'm glad it's getting another one. Keep up the amazing work Kishi and I'll keep buying em.
Kutsu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:15 pm Reply with quote
The last movie 'The Blood Prison' brought in $8,984,962 (box office mojo) with the yen at a high level, that isn't very impressive...It seems not that much milk is coming out from the movies.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Kutsu wrote:
The last movie 'The Blood Prison' brought in $8,984,962 (box office mojo) with the yen at a high level, that isn't very impressive...It seems not that much milk is coming out from the movies.

7 -10 million is pretty average for these anime adaption movies. Heck, most movies in Japan don't make over 10 million.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:33 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
The manga seemed like it was about to end during the Pain arc, and look what happened!

Not sure why you would have thought that, since during the Pain arc Madara, Kisame, Zetsu, Kabuto, and Danzou were not involved. Kinda weird for the series to end with five antagonists still out there.

As for the movies, meh. Unless I hear one has a particularly nice fight scene(s), I can easily pass on them.
Kutsu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Kutsu wrote:

7 -10 million is pretty average for these anime adaption movies. Heck, most movies in Japan don't make over 10 million.

Given the dollar-yen exchange rate, 10 million was a reasonable goal for a Naruto movie. Most movies don't make over 10 million, indeed, however most movies aren't spin-offs of popular anime/manga franchise.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:45 am Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
As for the movie, no shock. They'll pump these out for as long as they continue to make profit.
Just a shame they don't care about the plot for them!

It's a tradition in Japan to release a movie every year, or they're afraid the market jolt will forget about the franchise (out of sight, out of mind).
shafiq95

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:18 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Kutsu wrote:

its only spinoff movies tat are the ones tat didn't do justice.....go look at those that stand on its own especially ghibli films.....looks to me u watch way too many manga adapted anime/movie
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:02 am Reply with quote
Kutsu wrote:
Given the dollar-yen exchange rate, 10 million was a reasonable goal for a Naruto movie. Most movies don't make over 10 million, indeed, however most movies aren't spin-offs of popular anime/manga franchise.

Shounen Jump movies usually make about that much. The last One Piece one Mugiwara Chase one also made around 8 million. Latest Bleach one made about that much too.

While those kind of anime are indeed 'popular'. Stuff like Detective Conan is what I would consider more popular and mainstream.. and that latest movie made about 38 million. Doraemon made about 27 million.

Blood Prison's gross was pretty much all you could expect from a Jump movie like that... it was higher than Lost Tower, actually.
NamiLuffy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:54 pm Reply with quote
cool, another Naruto movie,
i hope we get more awesome fighting scenes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1