• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Conan and Kiki Married

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aegeus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Good to see Minami Takayama in the news, good for her and Aoyama.

psst ... how about more two-mix ... please? ...
slickwataris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:34 pm Reply with quote
That is sooo sweet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sailorspazz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I had to laugh a little when I read that headline since she does the voice for Conan. I think it would be kind of strange marrying someone who plays a major character in your own series Laughing But good for them, I wish them happiness!
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:13 pm Reply with quote
i don't know, these things never end good.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:43 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

What do you mean? Their kids are going to be talented mangaka that can be voice idol/pop star too. Or maybe not....
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:49 pm Reply with quote
20 points to darkhunter.

But this is cute, anyway. Good to see happy news.
Jadress

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:27 pm Reply with quote
This is really amusing.. Anime hyper and holy crap, I never knew that that voice actress was also the singer from Two-Mix! Derrp!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:21 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Youichi Takahashi, the manga-ka for Captain Tsubasa, and Akari Hibino, the voice actress for the main character in that series, were married at one point as well, although they are currently divorced.

Since when? Confused

I looked around her official website, Hatena Diary and other sources but found no such information. An anonymous user at 2ch asked if they were divorced, but another anonymous user replied "negative."

An anonymous 2ch user wrote:
高橋陽一とは離婚したってきいたことあるけど?

Another anonymous 2ch user wrote:
離婚なんてしてないぞ。

There are, however, many other married and divorced couples within ACG community. I'll try to sort them out... Anime hyper

EDIT: Found a rumor about Takayama and Aoyama's marriage as early as almost three years ago. Shocked

On 2002-09-23, an anonymous 2ch user wrote:
高山と青山が結婚したのってどこがソース?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
kaijyuu_m

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:44 am Reply with quote
Re: the manga-ka for "Captain Tsubasa" and lead voice actress, I saw marriage/divorce mentioned as an aside across a couple of blogs that I wandered onto via Technorati. (I was doing a routine search for "TWO-MIX" - there's a new CD coming out in July.) Unfortunately, Technorati is being slow as molasses at the moment :( I'll try to add specific links again later.

EDIT: Mea culpa, mea culpa. I finally tracked down one of the blog entries that I was thinking of: http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/lions1974/diary/200506020000/.

To clarify, the writer only thought that he/she had heard a rumour that the two were currently divorced. I unfortunutely failed to follow-up on this claim and shouldn't have reported it at all.

So no, Takahashi Youichi and Hibino Akari ARE NOT divorced. My apologies for the irresponsible statement.

BTW - if anyone is interested, Takayama issued a personal statement about the marriage at Little Station, one of TWO-MIX's official sites:
http://www.little-station.co.jp/cafe/minami/minami_set.html

There is a rough translation of the message here:
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/two-mix_clubT3/message/692

She also issued a statement on her own official website but one needs to be member of her fanclub to view it.

Last edited by kaijyuu_m on Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
tropical_kit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:13 am Reply with quote
Congratulations to Aoyama-sensei and Takayama-sensei! I've enjoyed Takayama-sensei's work for many years now.

As to the probable success of their marriage, I would rate it as high, since they've known each other for years and years now.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:34 pm Reply with quote
tropical_kit wrote:
Congratulations to Aoyama-sensei and Takayama-sensei! I've enjoyed Takayama-sensei's work for many years now.

As to the probable success of their marriage, I would rate it as high, since they've known each other for years and years now.

yeah, professionally.
getting involved with the work(especially in these situations) always ends in disaster. i'm sure it will start off all well and dandy, and the publicity will be good, but i give them at least a year befoe they start having serious problems. this is never a good idea, it's just wishful thinking.

anyways good luck to the two of them, i guess.
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:58 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
I'm not saying that I doubt this marriage will stay together, but nowadays I hear so much about famous people getting married and then divorcing. People these days...
tropical_kit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:08 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
yeah, professionally.
getting involved with the work(especially in these situations) always ends in disaster. i'm sure it will start off all well and dandy, and the publicity will be good, but i give them at least a year befoe they start having serious problems. this is never a good idea, it's just wishful thinking.

anyways good luck to the two of them, i guess.

I'd be interested to know your qualifications for marriage adjudication.
wao

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:35 am Reply with quote
So... uh... we still don't have a "Married" relationship thingamajiggly in the Encyclopedia? >_> <_<
belly button lint

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:45 am Reply with quote
that confused the hell out of me. i didn't remember a kiki character in conan. i didn't think conan got back to normal. then i skimmed through the article. conan's seiyuu was a girl.. a girl and girl got married?! uh uh.. okay.. then i finished reading the entire article. man.. too early in the morn. that made my head hurt.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2