• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Tops Graphic Novels in U.S. Bookstores for 3rd Month

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:45 am Reply with quote
Honestly, given the sheer amount of Blue Balls Sailor Moon fans have given, it was only going to explode or be a dud.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote
This is great news! Hopefully if the sales keep up like this with the rest of the volumes, companies will realize that people will want the anime as well. I personally, would love to own it DVD. I'm still crossing my fingers!
kill-chan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote
mh, yeah, good for you, Kodansha.

now please rescue Ghost Hunt! Mad
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote
WIN!
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Redlinks wrote:
This is great news! Hopefully if the sales keep up like this with the rest of the volumes, companies will realize that people will want the anime as well. I personally, would love to own it DVD. I'm still crossing my fingers!

YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE'S CROSSING THEIR FINGERS BUB!

I'm also cossing my fingers as well caue if this success for the manga doesn't convince Toei Animation to allow the anime series to be licensed in the US again, ESPECIALLY THE STARS SERIES, then nothing will.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ljaesch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Quick question here. The article says that Black Bird Volume 11 and Black Butler Volume 7 are both at number nine on this chart. Did both of these titles actually come in at #9 in a tie, or is one of these a typo?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:47 pm Reply with quote
ljaesch wrote:
Quick question here. The article says that Black Bird Volume 11 and Black Butler Volume 7 are both at number nine on this chart. Did both of these titles actually come in at #9 in a tie, or is one of these a typo?

Black Butler volume 7 should be #10. ICv2 put Sailor Moon volume 1 back on the chart after BookScan accidentally put it in the wrong category, and that moved the other books one rank down.
ljaesch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the clarification, Egan. Smile

Egan Loo wrote:
Black Butler volume 7 should be #10. ICv2 put Sailor Moon volume 1 back on the chart after BookScan accidentally put it in the wrong category, and that moved the other books one rank down.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jsyxx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:43 pm Reply with quote
It's utterly idiotic the anime isn't for sale dubbed on Blu-ray/DVD right now. There's obviously a few idiots out there that don't like making that thing called money.

I hope they prove me wrong, but if there still isn't a license announcement for this show in 2012, someone should be fired from their position at Toei films for having a corncob stuck up his @ss and air between his ears.

Second point, they could get this on the air very easily. Just shove it on the Hub after Jem. Instant ratings boost for the Hub, and that also means merchandise sales for Toei from the exposure on cable. Everyone wins. So why doesn't something so obvious actually happen?
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:53 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Redlinks wrote:

YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE'S CROSSING THEIR FINGERS BUB!

I'm also cossing my fingers as well caue if this success for the manga doesn't convince Toei Animation to allow the anime series to be licensed in the US again, ESPECIALLY THE STARS SERIES, then nothing will.

Toei's been relicensing the series internationally, so I'm pretty sure it'll make it's way back over to North America sooner or later (hopefully with a new English dub!)

With that said, it's grew that sales have been this great! It shows Toei that America really loves Sailor Moon!
taylorlynn04

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quote
I hope they're just waiting to release all of the mangas before they start releasing the anime. I hope. Like someone else said, if the sales of the manga aren't enough, I don't know what is for them to realize they need to sell the anime too. Smile
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:41 am Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
It's utterly idiotic the anime isn't for sale dubbed on Blu-ray/DVD right now. There's obviously a few idiots out there that don't like making that thing called money.

I hope they prove me wrong, but if there still isn't a license announcement for this show in 2012, someone should be fired from their position at Toei films for having a corncob stuck up his @ss and air between his ears.

Second point, they could get this on the air very easily. Just shove it on the Hub after Jem. Instant ratings boost for the Hub, and that also means merchandise sales for Toei from the exposure on cable. Everyone wins. So why doesn't something so obvious actually happen?

Three words; Toei are Jerks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1