• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Guyver in August

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadow_guyver

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic, only like 3 months to go. I'm so happy! Very Happy

Bet you can't guess why I can't wait. Wink
Guyra

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I watched the second live action movie when I was a kid, and I watched all of the OVA and the same movie again last week. Not that I thought the live action movie was good, but let's just say that this is perhaps my most anticipated anime, together with Howl's Moving Castle. Wink

Really looking forward to it! Can't wait to get the whole story! Very Happy
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see the new anime of Guyver! Smile

Also can't wait from Chuang Yi Publishing's vol. 7 & 8 of The Guyver (in English) to come too. Wink
spider-moose

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I really want to see it too, I love animes like this, I love cyborg superheroes Smile

espically the Kamen Riders Very Happy

<---- avatar is Kamen Rider Hibiki

Guyver is awesome, the 2nd live action movie was great, I actually really enjoyed it even tho the 1st one blew
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:43 am Reply with quote
Now here's a title that you didn't think would get another feature. Laughing

I would have thought that they would have left this one alone. I still have yet to see the original that aired back in the mid 80's. I've only seen a little of the OVAs that came later during the later half of the 80's to the 90's. And don't think I would touch the movies. But this new installment should prove interesting. Wink
Aokage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:35 am Reply with quote
Ahh yes, the fabled domestic Guyver manga. It never got past its sixth volume, if I remember correctly. But that was a very very long time ago. And to my knowledge, it won't be picked up again. Viz had the license to that last if my memory serves me correctly. As for the series, I had seen all 12 episodes of the incomplete series, back when it was licensed by L.A. Hero. I have also seen both Guyver and Guyver:Dark Hero (the live actions). I have even seen the terrible Guyver:Out of Control OVA. I used to be a fanatic about this show. I even considered creating my own Guyver Armor with the help of that Bio Weapons website. Anyways, I think it is good that the show is getting another shot. The manga is very much like Berserk in the fact that it started in the 80's, still gets written now, and has an incomplete anime.
shadow_guyver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:36 am Reply with quote
Aokage wrote:
Ahh yes, the fabled domestic Guyver manga. It never got past its sixth volume, if I remember correctly.

Nope, the published seven. I've got them all right here.

But couldn't they have gone one more? At least then there would have been something like a conclusion. I love how Vol. 8 ended, being the apocalypse/post-apocalypse fan that I am.
Aokage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:22 am Reply with quote
Ahhh...I knew it was in the neighborhood of six or seven. The domestic manga was published by Viz, and for some reason, they just stopped publishing it. I am not sure, but I think they still have the rights. The manga is still being published in Japan though. Just like Berserk...started in the 80's, still going today. I don't remember the URL, but there is a website that actually translates all of the plots in detail, to each volume that was never published out here. Anyways, hopefully this manga closes the gap where the L.A. Hero version left off (which is currently licesned by Manga now).
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Chuang Yi Publishing in Singapore is releasing The Guyver manga in English. Wink Here's how to order those bad boys:

To get Chuang Yi Publishing titles:
send email to [email protected] and request a title. Use paypal to pay and use airmail (7-14 day wait).
Guyver Gigantic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I cannot wait for this series to make it's return. I'd love to own all the mangas, wish I could read them all heh. The live action movies were indeed corny, but comical. I personally am currently making the suit from bioweapons.com, and plan to wear it to Animazement '06. Guyver kicks ass and always will.
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote
If you refer to my last post you can order the English version of the manga from Chuang Yi Publishing. Wink
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:06 pm Reply with quote
shadow_guyver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:37 pm Reply with quote
guyverfanboy wrote:

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. Hmm. Interesting character designs, but I'll miss Sho's old do. Ah, nostalgia.

Now I can't wait for them to put up their zoanoids.
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:56 pm Reply with quote
The only thing I do not like is Mizuki's dark hair. Too used to the manga character designs. ^^;

I wanna see the character designs and, if the anime gets far enough, some zoalord character designs. Smile
shadow_guyver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:35 pm Reply with quote
I don't follow. I'm looking at the manga right now and her hair is dark. Though, after looking again, I noticed that Agito's hair is different, and in my opinion for the worse. I prefered his more sleek hair in the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3