• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hot Gimmick Ends

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
webwalker222

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:16 pm Reply with quote
That's not quite correct. While in Japan a few months ago, I bought the Japanese volumes 9 and 10 and I can tell you there's no ending happening in Volume 10 (that I could tell--I can't read Kanji). It looks like it's still ongoing.....
Awesome Possum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:25 pm Reply with quote
No, they're correct. It really doesn't look like it will end soon in volume 10, but in volume 11 (not released yet)...things change quickly. It's ending really soon. Everyone is talking about it on the LJ community and elsewhere.

Didn't expect to see Hot Gimmick ending as a news update on ANN. It must be pretty popular. Razz But fans saw that it was going to end soon about a month or two ago...now we're just given a date. =( Though it being my favorite manga series, I really wish it wouldn't end.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:27 pm Reply with quote
webwalker222 wrote:
That's not quite correct. While in Japan a few months ago, I bought the Japanese volumes 9 and 10 and I can tell you there's no ending happening in Volume 10 (that I could tell--I can't read Kanji). It looks like it's still ongoing.....

They are referring to the anthology Hot Gimmick is running in. Issue 9 of Betsucomi (not manga volume) is what they are talking about.

Last edited by Godaistudios on Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
silverwings

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:53 pm Reply with quote
So, seeing as the English Release is on Vol8, how many more volumes are there? (I think 9 comes out soon here)?

Or, how many chapters is the series now?
Awesome Possum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:19 am Reply with quote
silverwings wrote:
So, seeing as the English Release is on Vol8, how many more volumes are there? (I think 9 comes out soon here)?

Or, how many chapters is the series now?

53 after this month. It'll end on 54. Volume 9 is on the Viz site already..it should be in bookstores in a couple of weeks. 10 comes out in the US on November 29th. The series will be 11 or 12 volumes. One REALLY long volume 11, or one normal lengthed volume 12.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1