• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your most anticipated purchase

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:30 am Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
Shuffle! is not that bad of a show. It is no masterpiece even I will admit that, but it is still enjoyable and still a B quality show.
Guess I didn't make it clear in my last post, and I can't blame you for making that assumption, but I don't dislike the show. I think it's alright, but I just didn't think anybody would ever confuse it for some epic legend of an anime.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:21 am Reply with quote
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt Limited Edition.

Everyone knows I love PSG. I have several hundred dollars of figures on my shelves and on preorder, but I'm still missing what I really want: the actual show. It's getting to the point where in the next couple of months Funimation is going to solicit it - I feel it in my bones (my calcium bones). And when it does go up on TRSI, it will be the fasted preorder in the history of anime purchasing and I will take the fastest shipping possible.

I did the same thing with Madoka. I preordered all three LE volumes at, like, 4 in the morning and took 2nd Day shipping, but I'm not really antsy for it. It's probably because I love both anime and American cartoons, and PSG is the perfect combination of those two things, giving me an unmatched love for it. Don't get me wrong, I love Madoka, I'll have dozens of figures, but PSG is just special to me.

PSG is also probably my most anticipated dub. I cannot wait to see what Funimation does for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
_Emi_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I had to cancel my order of Tia Harribel due to being laid off. But I'll have a job some time after the new years, so as soon as the money starts rolling in she WILL be mine. I also will be pre-ordering this beauty. I can't wait to make me some money so I can immediately throw it away.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote
I have to say there is nothing right now that I am super-jonesing for. Maybe because I've been on a bit of a anime-buying orgy for most of the fall and I'm feeling a bit satiated.

Funi has some upcoming releases I'm looking forward to like Shiki, Index and Shana II, but again, nothing that I'm absolutely peeing my pants for. That would require the announcement of a Bakemonogatari release - from anybody besides those Aniplex douches, please.
dboypr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
from anybody besides those Aniplex douches, please.

If this was a facebook post I would've hit the "like" button
wormraper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:21 pm Reply with quote
dboypr wrote:
Blood- wrote:
from anybody besides those Aniplex douches, please.

If this was a facebook post I would've hit the "like" button

I'll second that like
Judge Of Toyama

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quote
My most anticipated purchases right now are Children who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below BD and Gundam Unicorn vol. 4 BD. I've been sidetracked by the Dark Lords tempting bundles and bargains for several weeks. Now I should have enough to finally get them.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:02 am Reply with quote
At the moment my stack of Pre-Ordered Anticipated titles for the new year includes:

And The Town Movies Complete Collection
Broken Blade Complete Collection
Ef- A Tale of Memories Complete Collection
Fate/Zero Boxset 1
Ikki Tousen: Great Guardians Complete Collection
Puela Magi Madoka Magica Volumes 1-3
Sekirei: Pure Engagement Complete Collection
Yamada's First Time Complete Collection

Plus a whole buch of **** from Funi, they haven't announced a release date for yet.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm really getting pumped over War on Geminar. I wouldn't say I'm a huge Tenchi fan since there's several parts of the franchise I haven't seen, but I love the original two OVAs, Universe, and the three movies, making me at least a big fan of the franchise. And of all the non-main branch Tenchi stuff, this one looks to be the most interesting.

For one, after seeing the preliminary cover art and rewatching the sneak peek, I'm really digging the character designs. Second, after rewatching Is This a Zombie with the dub a while back, I will be focusing on everything that has either Morgan Garrett or Jad Saxton in it for now on. I'm already a fan of Liebrecht's work, and having him be the lead doesn't hurt either. And finally, the fact that it's thirteen 50 minute episodes fascinates me. I am dieing to know how a show with that kind of structure unfolds.

So yea, I'm really, really looking forward to this and will pull the ultra rare move of preordering both sets AT THE SAME TIME! The only other time I've done that is with LOL Heroes, and that's because I needed to hear Ian Sinclair in a lead role. What I usually do is buy the first set to secure myself the art box + item and then wait and buy the second half later - typically when a box set comes out and the half sets go down in price. This is why I only have the first sets for Chrome Shelled Regios, Steins;Gate, and Shiki. But for this case, I don't want to wait. Hopefully Amazon has a crazy 50-60% off sale and includes these two sets.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Old thread is old, but I'm looking forward to owning:

Gundam Unicorn Vol. 6
Nisemonogatari
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Shakugan no Shana Season 3
Kamisama Dolls
Inu X Boku Secret Service
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm very much looking forward to owning The Rose of Versailles. I've only seen the first episode, but it was among the best first episodes that I've ever seen and its reputation is very favorable. I also have high hopes for the set that TRSI will release, although I do worry that they might have some of the quality control issues that afflicted their Revolutionary Girl Utena release.

I'm also very excited about getting my boxed set of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, whenever Viz gets around to reprinting that. I've been waiting for more than two months now...
Judge Of Toyama

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to having the chance to own these titles (plus anything else they announce later on) from Anime Sols when they start their kickstarter thing.

Creamy Mami, the Magic Angel
Bander Book
Tekkaman、The Space Knight
Yatterman
gsilver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:47 am Reply with quote
With every new episode of From The New World, I get more and more anxious to own Sentai's Blu-Ray set of the series (it is coming to Blu-Ray... right?)

This show is just freaking amazing.
Ensof

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Some really great manga coming out this year. I’m most looking forward to:

Kitaro and Showa: A History of Japan 1926-1939, both by Shigeru Mizuki. Onwards Towards Our Noble Deaths and NonNonBa must have pretty well for Drawn & Quarterly if they’re releasing more Mizuki goodness, which is encouraging considering the market is still shrinking.

Vinland Saga, at long, long last. No more relying on scanlations to read this highly entertaining series. That Kodansha is giving it the deluxe treatment is an added bonus.

Helter Skelter - finally Kyoko Okazaki gets released in English. River’s Edge, the only work of hers I’ve read in the past, is in my top ten of all time. Helter Skelter is even more highly regarded, so this should be a real treat.

The fifth and final volume of Children of the Sea is coming out in June; the penultimate volume was released way back in December 2010. A hiatus in Japan was the reason for the delay. Good on Viz for sticking in there and finishing a series which probably wasn’t a huge seller.
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:43 am Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to the last volume of Bokura ga Ita. I've told myself I won't read scans, and I can't wait to find out how it ends.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6