• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases: December 11-17

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FH14

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:08 pm Reply with quote
The fifth Spice and Wolf GN was released back in October. It was the fifth Spice and Wolf Light Novel that was just released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quote
I look forward to buying a copy of Mardock Scramble volume three. I'm apprehensive because I liked the second volume less well than the quite excellent first one, but I'll hold out hope that the fall either turns back or steadies for the third.

Lovely of them to release a new collection for Kino's Journey. I already have the old single volumes, but still lovely.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TronBonne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:29 am Reply with quote
Picked up My Girlfriend's a Geek vol 5 (I adore this series) and xxxHolic 18!
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:42 am Reply with quote
A few nice Yen Press goodies this week. I'll be getting My Girlfriend's a Geek 5, Kobato 5, and not so urgently, The Betrayal Knows My Name. I also plan on getting xxxHolic 18 (On that note, anyone know why it's still Del Rey distributing that series and not Kodansha?) and the second Tokyo Mew Mew omnibus.

Last edited by st_owly on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:56 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
I also plan on getting xxxHolic 18 (On that note, anyone know why it's still Del Rey distributing that series and not Kodansha?)

Maybe since the series only had 3 more volumes to go when the announcement was made, Del Ray already had most of the work done. Maybe they figured they would just stick with it till the end.

Personally I'd rather have it this way. I want all of my xxxHolic book spines to look the same on the shelf Razz Plus I'm afraid the texture of the book covers would change if Kodansha took over for just a couple of volumes, and I like the feel of those covers so much :3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1