• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Announces Second Season of Kaleidostar

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khryoleoz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:03 am Reply with quote
At long last! That's what I've been needing to know! Now push some release dates. And get Super Gals while we're at it. Yeah!
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:11 am Reply with quote
Wow. I knew this announcement was going to make at least one person happy. I'm personally not interested in this series, but I know of many other people who'll be very excited about this news.
Grico

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:21 am Reply with quote
Glad to hear it. Seems like it was bound to happen at some point since they did pay for the rights and supposedly had started some preliminary work on season 2. One would think its a bigger loss to sit on it and make nothing back then dub it so it can be released.
Seca

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:28 am Reply with quote
This is good news to hear, though having some release dates would be nice.

Now they just need to get over the 'snag' with the second Princess TuTu DVD and I won't have a reason to stay angry with them.
biliano

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:37 am Reply with quote
FINALLY!!!! Very Happy

It's nice to hear some good news from AD Vision for a change. Now we need some release dates and I can resume watching my favorite anime character (Sora) in action! Cool This also means that I don't have to ask Ms. Answerman if AD Vision should sell the rights to Kaleido Star to someone else should they were unable to satisfy their commitments to Kaleido Star and its loyal fans.

EDIT: I originally neglected to mention who my favorite character is. Sorry about that. Embarassed

Last edited by biliano on Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote
khryoleoz wrote:
And get Super Gals while we're at it. Yeah!

Only time will tell. I really hope they pick up season two.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
khryoleoz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:26 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
FINALLY!!!! Very Happy

It's nice to hear some good news from AD Vision for a change. Now we need some release dates and I can resume watching my favorite anime character in action! Cool

I'm curious as to who might this character be. Sora, Fool, and Rosetta won me over.
Professor Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Actually, I asked David Williams about the second half of Super Gals at MetroCon just two days ago, and from what he told me, the series sold so poorly that the only way they'll be getting the rest is if the thinpak release sells well. Here's hoping! Wink
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Which is sad, because everyone at ADV, especially Luci Christianson, loves that show.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Another season I haven't even seen the first season? Sad

Oh well...
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:34 pm Reply with quote
That is indeed good news... I actually started hunting for fansubs of the 2nd season because I had doubts as to obtaining it otherwise. Now I look forward to buying and seeing the rest.

Cheers to ADV for actually not making the fans disappointed. Now, as khryoleoz stated, we need some release dates!

Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
biliano

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:42 pm Reply with quote
khryoleoz wrote:
biliano wrote:
FINALLY!!!! Very Happy

It's nice to hear some good news from AD Vision for a change. Now we need some release dates and I can resume watching my favorite anime character in action! Cool

I'm curious as to who might this character be. Sora, Fool, and Rosetta won me over.

It's Sora, but all of the characters are pretty good. Sora is my favorite because of her desire to be the best and her never-give-up attitude. She's also kind-hearted and never backs down on a challenge, no matter how difficult or impossible it may be, like in Episode 2 where she spoiler[had to perform the Golden Phoenix meneuver (which was Layla's signature move) to show everyone that she deserved a spot in Kaleido Stage. ]
khryoleoz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't exactly cheer ADV when they held back the title in the first place. The Kaleido Star title is one single property which happened to span two seasons long, so I just can't imagine any reason for the hold-back other than a mismanagement of resources or misalignment of priorities. I don't particularly care if I'm wrong in my assessment, as the continued and steady release of the title is of greater concern to me. The first volume of this second season had already been solicited for a March 05 release initially. This leads me to believe that the volume should be ready to go any time now.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I feel the same way about mismanagement, but as long as it comes out, I can back off on barking at ADV. Granted, if they keep on with the delaying tactics, I'll start complaining again, but I'll ask about it at AX in hopes that they have an estimated release date.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TheoryGirl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:48 am Reply with quote
Professor Genius wrote:
Quote:

Actually, I asked David Williams about the second half of Super Gals at MetroCon just two days ago, and from what he told me, the series sold so poorly that the only way they'll be getting the rest is if the thinpak release sells well. Here's hoping! Wink

I thought that there was trouble with the Japanese licensors, since the second season isn't out on DVD in Japan yet for some reason.
But if the reason he stated is the case, maybe with the manga coming out from CMX now, there'll be new interest in the anime (I know that's what worked for me ^_~).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2