• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Geneon Anime Licenses

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icepick314

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:26 pm Reply with quote
yes!!

one of my favorite series, Kannazuki no Miko, got licensed!!!

btw...how the hell do you spell "Kannazuki"? is it with a "z" or "d"?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
azzmoneky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
one of my favorite series, Kannazuki no Miko, got licensed!!!

Its one of mine too. Also the new hellsing cant wait to see that trailer
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Any release dates?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Oh Yeah! A confirmation for the new Hellsing, as well as Fate/Stay Night getting liscensed can't wait to see the trailers.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Wow! I'm surprised that Fate/Stay Night already got licensed. I guess Tsukihime was popular enough for Geneon to get another Type Moon series.

But the important thing is that the hot, lesbian action Kannaduki no Miko got licensed! Cool
Akukaze

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:36 pm Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:

btw...how the hell do you spell "Kannazuki"? is it with a "z" or "d"?

It really doesn't matter, either way it is pronounced "Kannazuki". The reason some spell it Kannaduki (I personally prefer Kannadzuki) is because that is the "official" (i.e., what you see on the Japanese merchandise) romanization. There are two basic systems of romanization, the Hepburn system, which is meant to show how things are pronounced. The Nihon-shiki romanizes based on the kana themselves. For further reading I suggest this Wikipedia article.

darkchibi07 wrote:
Wow! I'm surprised that Fate/Stay Night already got licensed. I guess Tsukihime was popular enough for Geneon to get another Type Moon series.

Also, fate/stay night is the best-selling game in Japan to date, if I'm not mistaken. If I was at Geneon, I wouldn't have wasted any time either.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Akukaze wrote:
Also, fate/stay night is the best-selling game in Japan to date, if I'm not mistaken. If I was at Geneon, I wouldn't have wasted any time either.

Actually, I think it was the fastest selling *adult* game, if memory serves. Not that I'm nitpicking or anything... Laughing

Either way, I hope that Fate/staynight kicks ass. I'm totally excited to check it out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:09 pm Reply with quote
So 'Kannaduki no Miko', got licensed! Whoo hoo!! Very Happy

Wow all my favorite shows getting licensed. First this and now 'Mai-HiME'! Two shows I watched back to back. Now if someone would please add 'Rozen Maiden' to that batch I'll be set. Laughing Very Happy

I really did enjoy 'Kannaduki no Miko'. It was an odd little show. Not to mention I've read various reviews for this show. They either liked it, hated it, or they hated it so much that they loved it. As for me it's not everyday that you combined shrine priestesses and mecha. It's weird! Shocked It's not perfect but it's good enough.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:19 pm Reply with quote
As long as Bang Zoom is dubing Kannaduki no Miko I will be happy.

I don't like the dubs and translations that New Gen dose.

Yes I realize that Japapanese can't be translated to English definative, but sometimes what comes out of new Gen seems off to me.
coldfusion5050

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:56 pm Reply with quote
That is a very very sweet list.

I am curious as to how Geneon is going to translate the Kannazuki no Miko title though. I mean Prietesses of the Godless month has a ring, but I wonder if Geneon while change it.

Starship Operators? I don't know much about that. Anyone seen any of it?
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:57 am Reply with quote
coldfusion5050 wrote:
That is a very very sweet list.

I am curious as to how Geneon is going to translate the Kannazuki no Miko title though. I mean Prietesses of the Godless month has a ring, but I wonder if Geneon while change it.

Starship Operators? I don't know much about that. Anyone seen any of it?

Starship Operators, done by JC Staff, is a pretty good show, and it is dialogue heavy as well.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:09 am Reply with quote
there's an anime of Fate/Stay Night?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:23 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
there's an anime of Fate/Stay Night?

There's going to be one. Production was just officially announced in Japan a couple weeks ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:57 am Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
As long as Bang Zoom is dubing Kannaduki no Miko I will be happy.

I don't like the dubs and translations that New Gen dose.

Yes I realize that some Japapanese can't be translated to English definative, but sometimes what comes out of new Gen seems off to me.

At the time when I was wondering when someone was going to license this show. I was curious about the title. I said to myself, "if the title is hard enough to translate, it's better off leaving it as-is". Now, the question is will they change the "d" to a "z"? Though this stumped me as well as to why the "romanji" spelling was done this way (just like how 'Syoaran' became 'Shaoran' in CCS). So of course people here will have problems and they'll change it just to make sense to fans. Because "d" does not = "z" sound. Razz
But let's hope that whoever translates it will do it justice. Very Happy

*Side note: Since I spend enough time studying "kanji" I'm curious to wonder why this method was adopted. Again this probably has a lot to do with how words look aestetically when romanized. Considering the origin of "kanji", might also play a role as well.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Damn. Fate/Stay Night. Hellsing Ultimate!!! The cool looking Ergo Proxy.

Grrr.. I want these out NOW. Hellsing Ultimate.. I will buy the day it comes out.

I'm gonna have to check out Ergo Proxy, but with the writer of Ghost in the Shell:SAC and director of Witch Hunter Robin and a main character who looks quite like the lead singer of Evanescence.. well, color me pre-sold.

-Xenos
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2