• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eureka Seven Ao Sequel Manga to Launch Next Month

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkonezero

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:55 am Reply with quote
Never expected this, but I'm all for more Eureka Seven.
Mawdryn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quote
Interesting news. Bandai's initial manga version of Eureka Seven was essentially an alternate universe version of the original anime with drastically different outcomes for some characters, including the two principle characters of Renton and Eureka.

I think Bandai also released a short (two volumes) manga series that took place before the anime...
Sceleris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Isn't it an anime series also? The Twitter account is saying stuff like "the new program 'Eureka Seven AO'" and "the TV broadcast is starting in April of 2012". That kind of feels like bigger news than just a manga. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
braves

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Sceleris wrote:
Isn't it an anime series also? The Twitter account is saying stuff like "the new program 'Eureka Seven AO'" and "the TV broadcast is starting in April of 2012". That kind of feels like bigger news than just a manga. Smile
Yeah, here's the website for the anime: http://eurekaao-prj.net/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:41 pm Reply with quote
E7 doesn't need a sequel, it need a remake with 12-24 fewer episodes , at least 40% more focus on Dominic and Anemone, and 90% less off-modeling and crying.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:51 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Sceleris wrote:
Yeah, here's the website for the anime: http://eurekaao-prj.net/

Wow, nice, I think that's bigger news too, was just reading the article to see what the new manga might be about out of curiosity, then read and saw this, did not expect a new anime project let alone a new TV series, already something to look forward to for the upcoming spring season Smile
Jaymie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Damn. That's a fast Anime announcement. Most of the time we have to wait, you know, a couple of years. Not 8 hours.

Hoping for an adaption of the DTB manga.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The "real mecha epic" will center around a boy named Ao who "set 'destiny' in motion again when he held the 'power.'"

For all its merits, Eureka Seven was never content to be a work of so-called 'hard' science-fiction. I expect this portentous 'power' will somehow relate to the "limit of questions" or some associated contrivance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Aww, I'll miss Jinsei's art, but it can't be helped. But I'm looking forward to it!
tyciol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote

Is anyone else 'mirin that Gidget navel?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1