• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Time of Eve Posted in iTunes in U.S., Canada, Australia, NZ

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:35 pm Reply with quote
So when is there going to be an actual DVD/BD release?
nx6

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:28 am Reply with quote
Seriously.

I'd like to own it in better video quality than H264 Main profile (what iTunes stuff is encoded in). That's not even as high quality as fansubbers releases!
IkariGendo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:42 am Reply with quote
I'd strangle you both with tape from a dubbed VHS. It's $10 and you get to throw some money at people who actually produced an interesting anime for a change.

But if you really want that shiny disc, it's available on amazon japan, the director's cut episodes come with english subs. But I guess you two dicks will then complain "But hey it's not $10 like on itunes".
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:49 am Reply with quote
So are you going to assume the position now or later, Gendo?
rabrek

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:21 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:

Later, after he's posted the link. I for one would rather throw a fistful of cash at AmazonJapan than slip iTunes a tenner. I'm reasonably flush with overtime wages and this would be a worthy outlet.

Seriously. Link please?
agila61

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote
rabrek wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

Later, after he's posted the link. I for one would rather throw a fistful of cash at AmazonJapan than slip iTunes a tenner. I'm reasonably flush with overtime wages and this would be a worthy outlet. Seriously. Link please?

Wouldn't it be Amazon.co.jp ? If the 2011 release is the movie and the 2010 release is the series, then the movie BD is Yen5250, ships in a couple of months, the series is Yen5802, two new available.
Actar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:03 pm Reply with quote
For those who have seen it, what's the difference between the series and the movie? From what I understand, the movie is just a compilation of the main series. Will I miss anything if I just watch the movie?
Vracer111

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:03 pm Reply with quote
rabrek wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

Later, after he's posted the link. I for one would rather throw a fistful of cash at AmazonJapan than slip iTunes a tenner. I'm reasonably flush with overtime wages and this would be a worthy outlet.

Seriously. Link please?

A simple "eve no jikan" search on Amazon japan would bring it up easy, but here you go anyways:

Eve no Jikan ONA Blu-Ray on Amazon Japan

Have the above ONA series Blu-Ray and am currently downloading the movie version from iTunes. Been wanting to see the Movie version, but no subtitles was a detractor at Japanese prices... does this digital download have english subs? I assume no so I can be pleasantly surprised if it does...
tojik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
For those who have seen it, what's the difference between the series and the movie? From what I understand, the movie is just a compilation of the main series. Will I miss anything if I just watch the movie?

Just downloaded and watched the iTunes version. I think there was at least one bit I either missed or wasn't in the movie. Mostly, things are added and you get a better feel for the story's setting. I think I prefer the original overall, the episode pacing and OP/ED add to the experience.

Might be a moot issue if you're thinking about watching the iTunes version -- for some reason the subtitling is really poor. There are typos and some lines are even shuffled and where they're not supposed to be. I've seen the original so many times I had no trouble following everything, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone watching for the first time unless they upload a corrected version.
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Actar wrote:

There is very little difference between the series and the movie, because it was an unusually short series. The pacing did work quite well in the series, but I didn't find it awkward in the movie.

They changed the order of a couple of things in the movie, so it actually makes a slight bit more sense, and they added a couple of very short scenes at the end. I would say either version you get a chance to see is well worth it.
rabrek

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Vracer111 wrote:
rabrek wrote:
I for one would rather throw a fistful of cash at AmazonJapan than slip iTunes a tenner. I'm reasonably flush with overtime wages and this would be a worthy outlet.

Seriously. Link please?

A simple "eve no jikan" search on Amazon japan would bring it up easy, but here you go anyways:

Eve no Jikan ONA Blu-Ray on Amazon Japan

Yup, a simple search brings up AmJ entries. Alas, lacking facility in Japanese, English subtitle availability is less than transparent. The translation through Chrome doesn't mention subtitles in either description - hence my desire to pin down the details. No matter. A less simple search will pin it down. Ta.
IkariGendo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Only the series bluray has the english subtitles, the movie doesn't if I'm not mistaken. The series bluray does supposedly have the extra bits from the movies (can't confirm, I'd have to ask someone I know, I only have the original series DVDs).

Anyways, http://twitter.com/#!/timeofeve0306/status/151157939783221248 looks like they're launching the movie at some EU itunes stores as well.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

In due fairness, I would not consider acquiring the series through iTunes even if it were possible for me. Having to install and subsequently use such a medium turns me somewhat irascible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:21 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:

The movie cuts out the scenes where the main character's friend talks to some random girl in the class for a while who seems to have a crush on him.

Besides that the movie adds a bit, most importantly the scenes at the end which I am hoping was hinting at a sequel.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote
I wondered why I hadn't seen this news article.. it is rather cruel that this thread had landed in UK talkback for some reason.
Then again, I do have some US iTunes credit remaining, although I don't think I have a tenner. For anyone interested... I've discovered Best Buy sell digital US iTunes vouchers and, unlike scalpers who will buy them for you and email the code, they are at cost price and you can order from the UK (if you follow their instructions regarding the billing address).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1