• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jobs @ Digital Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordRobin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Well, I just hope they've improved since I used to write for them at Akadot. I worked under two editors there and heard nothing but constant complaints about how horrible it was to work there and how nobody knew what they were doing. That was back when Digital Manga had the Newtype license and was desperately trying (and failing) to get the magazine together.

But that was 4+ years ago and they seem to have their act together more these days...

------RM
Arakis
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:25 am Reply with quote
I've been translating for Digital Manga on a freelance basis for two years now. Though I work remotely and have never seen how things work at the actual office, I can say that I've never run into any real issues with them on my end. Contracts are honored, I get paid on time, and communication with my editor is good. I seem to remember hearing that they got off to a rocky start, but it seems that things are going much more smoothly these days.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
David Silva

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I think I just creamed my pants.

They need a Spanish translator. THEY NEED A SPANISH TRANSLATOR! I've been looking for a job as a translator in the US for months now! I can finally start somewhere!

*applies*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1