• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Cat Website

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:09 am Reply with quote
Is it just me, or does the art seem noticibly different from the manga? Train's eyes seem to be bothering me. Oh well.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Not so much that it bothered me/alerted me somehow. ^^;

I'm really looking forward to the anime. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raoh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Michi wrote:

Yeah, I cannot wait for it too.

I'm glad they waited until it was finished to do an anime based on it. We've seen what happens when an anime catches up to the manga. Its called filler. Very Happy

Also, yeah, the animation is bound to be a little bit different style than the manga. No big deal, as long the plot remains the same.
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Does the site say how long the anime will be? I don't think Black Cat will get more than 52 episodes, but that's just my guess.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:08 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
Does the site say how long the anime will be? I don't think Black Cat will get more than 52 episodes, but that's just my guess.

52 episodes ??

Honestly I highly doubt it would get more than 26. I'd think it most likely thatit will be a 13 episode series, somewhat likely a 26 episode and highly unlikely for more than that.

Only superstar properties get 52 or more episodes...

-t
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Raoh wrote:
Michi wrote:

Yeah, I cannot wait for it too.

I'm glad they waited until it was finished to do an anime based on it. We've seen what happens when an anime catches up to the manga. Its called filler. Very Happy

Also, yeah, the animation is bound to be a little bit different style than the manga. No big deal, as long the plot remains the same.

I'm with both of you... I'm unable to wait! what I've seen of the art (my current computer isn't loading images right all of the time right now Confused but I should get my new one tomorrow) does strike me as odd, but I'm gonna hold judgement on that until I actually see the first ep, because when converting a manga into an anime sometimes a change in style works even tho it can take one who is use to the manga style a while to adjust.
Raoh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:38 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
.Sy wrote:

52 episodes ??

Honestly I highly doubt it would get more than 26. I'd think it most likely thatit will be a 13 episode series, somewhat likely a 26 episode and highly unlikely for more than that.

Only superstar properties get 52 or more episodes...

-t

I think you're underestimating how popular Black Cat is, Tempest.

I hope it gets at least 26 episodes, but I am pushing for 52. I'd like to see the entire story unfold.
KasugaSan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:06 am Reply with quote
I love Black Cat, but I think that it is likely to get up to 26 episodes only, since the story line is quite common action genre, and it's not that deep and no twists. I love the art of manga, but I can bear with Train's childish look in the anime. As long as he's cute I can bear it <3.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:40 am Reply with quote
Raoh wrote:

I think you're underestimating how popular Black Cat is, Tempest.

Possibly.

I like the series and know that it's popular, but its definitely possible that it's even more popular than I am aware...

-t
taconinja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:35 pm Reply with quote
It's not coming on the American TBS.. is it? Crying or Very sad I didn't think so, because that'd be kinda cool!! and weird!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:32 pm Reply with quote
KasugaSan wrote:
I love Black Cat, but I think that it is likely to get up to 26 episodes only, since the story line is quite common action genre, and it's not that deep and no twists. I love the art of manga, but I can bear with Train's childish look in the anime. As long as he's cute I can bear it <3.

I really can't see it being less than 26 eps without it feeling overly rushed unless they do a LOT of plotmauling.
Laruto

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I bet Funi has this one in the bag as well, ADV don't let this one slip out too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1