• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Accel World Science-Fiction TV Anime's New Promo Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:42 pm Reply with quote
looks pretty good...also was i the only one who nearly fell of their chair laughing when the main character showed up? Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:51 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
looks pretty good...also was i the only one who nearly fell of their chair laughing when the main character showed up? Laughing

It does look really interesting. And I didn't really fall out my seat laughing, I was more happy in a way. It's nice to see that the main character isn't some super-hot/cute looking "skinny/muscle" guy, yet in this show it's all the opposite.

Plus the story revolves around a *Bullied* middle school boy, I can't tolerate bullies at all; so when I see how this kid's life gets "changed" after meeting this girl going from being picked on to being this bad-ass Knight- I hope he kicks ass, and gets the chance to beat up the people that picked on him...seeing that would make me stand up and give a round of applause to this boy ( that is IF that happens...most likely not but ^^ who knows )

I may just start reading the Light Novel for this series and get a taste of the series before it starts. I have already done this for Sword Art Online.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
1945113 wrote:

I may just start reading the Light Novel for this series and get a taste of the series before it starts. I have already done this for Sword Art Online.

I haven't read the light novels or the manga my self, but I here there both quite good. I believe the novels won the Dengeki Novel Prize in 2008 so that certainly doesn't hurt.
naninanino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:05 am Reply with quote
Remove the school, the butterfly girl and the ridiculous looking male lead and you might get a decent show.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:22 am Reply with quote
naninanino wrote:
Remove the school, the butterfly girl and the ridiculous looking male lead and you might get a decent show.

The way the MC looks is exactly the point of the story. He's a short, fat loser with low self-esteem who's bullied at school until this one girl helps him to learn overcome his weakness.
redranger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:48 am Reply with quote
The main character's design makes me want to vomit.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:26 am Reply with quote
redranger wrote:
The main character's design makes me want to vomit.

Yeah, he's one freaky looking dude, but it looks to be decent without the cliched looking male lead, (Guilty Crown, anyone?). I'm looking forward to this one.
Maciste

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:40 am Reply with quote
I don't get it.
He wants to make you "vomit"?
He doesn't look disgusting in any way, he's just short and burly.
And I'm really interested in a show that at least tries to take on a fresh turn on a male lead instead of putting "generic hunk X" for the gazillionth time into the role of the hero.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:00 am Reply with quote
Did anyone notice that the lead character is voiced by Shu from Guilty Crown? Not to mention that the main character is sort of in the same shoes as Shu because he wanted to live his average/crappy life without much change.
kamui85

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:21 pm Reply with quote
love the idea of the main character´s design (chubby and short), but wish it would be a little less caricaturesque, like the rest of the characters are, that way you could take him more seriously... been watching anime for 15 years and im tired of all main leads looking too idealistic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1