• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Musou Orochi 2 Moves 200,526, 3DS Sells 482,200 More Units

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Vita's dead.
toyNN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Vita's dead.

Its just languishing until they start making the games for the platform. Sales on the 3DS weren't all that good until it now has many of the fav games.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Most of its launch games were American. Even stuff like Uncharted doesn't sell in Japan, so they really need to get some big Japanese exclusives on that thing.
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Most of the launch titles were the opposite, actually. More Japanese titles than Western, but not exactly ones that would lit the charts on fire, surprisingly. I would have thought Hot Shots Golf would get high on the charts, at least.

But I think Vita will pick up steam later on. Its early, after all. Betting on at least a Monster Hunter title in the future.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:22 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Most of its launch games were American. Even stuff like Uncharted doesn't sell in Japan, so they really need to get some big Japanese exclusives on that thing.

Uncharted 3 would like to say"I was #2 in Japan when it came out". Also I recall Uncharted: Golden Abyss got a lot of attention in Japan when the demo was shown in Tokyo Game show.

Musou Orochi 2 as in Warrior Orochi 2. I only recalled this game came out on PS2, Xbox 360, and PSP. how come I never heard about a PS3 port??

Edit: oh never mind, I found out what Musou Orochi 2 is. Question is when it come to US, what do we name it, Warrior Orochi 3??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Its great to see people hate the Vita.. Thats what Sony gets! God I hate them!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Safe bet they'll name it Warriors Orochi 3 like what happened to Dynasty Warriors number situation.

Too early to say the Vita is failing now. Just really needs games and maybe a few good priced bundles.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
Safe bet they'll name it Warriors Orochi 3 like what happened to Dynasty Warriors number situation.

Too early to say the Vita is failing now. Just really needs games and maybe a few good priced bundles.

That and didn't I recall the 3DS had a not good launch from the beginning. Give the Vita some time, it'll do well. Also Vita will come out in US and Europe in Feb, let see how it does. Geez, I didn't know we had a lot of Nintendo fan boy/girl on ANN. My word to them: Have you ever tried another console beside Nintendo, how do you know it's bad when you don't even try it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:00 am Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
Most of the launch titles were the opposite, actually. More Japanese titles than Western, but not exactly ones that would lit the charts on fire, surprisingly. I would have thought Hot Shots Golf would get high on the charts, at least.

But I think Vita will pick up steam later on. Its early, after all. Betting on at least a Monster Hunter title in the future.

No point in buying a Vita Monster Hunter when the considerably cheaper competition has 2 iterations already. Whatever saves Vita won't be Monster Hunter.

As for Hot Shots, that's a game that isn't necessarily going to debut large, but will continue to sell until the end of the generation. The first one on PSP debuted at like 66k back in 2004, and ended up selling over 400k in its regular release, and around 700k with the budget releases included.
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:04 am Reply with quote
Depends on the game and the fanbase. Remember how Namco had Tales all over the place, like on 360 and the DS. When they finally put a new title for PS3, fans flock to that and sold really well and better despite other iterations being on those platforms. Monster Hunter fanbase is huge, so its possible we can see something like that happening again, especially if the new title resonates with those fans.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I think it's hilarious that the PSP sold 25% more than the Vita Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

EDIT: I haven't bought a console since the original Playstation. I am not a fanboy for any console.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:37 pm Reply with quote
toyNN wrote:
Its just languishing until they start making the games for the platform.

Tell those to the people who were anxiously awaiting the release, but since decided against it after Sony made announcements at what the Vita will no longer support/do before it made it to market.

Not sure what the hell happened to this company, but only a fool wastes their money purchasing leasing their products.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1