• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: G4's Blade Anime English-Dubbed Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:50 am Reply with quote
Caught this when it first aired, and promptly dropped it after a few episodes. It's dreadfully boring, in my opinion, and it's sad that G4 can't get some anime that's actually top-notch. What happened to the good old days of when I was a kid and they showed "Cromartie High", and "Banner of the Stars", and "Serial Experiments Lain" (those last two were when the channel was still TechTV.)
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:59 am Reply with quote
No Wesley Snipes!
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:50 am Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Caught this when it first aired, and promptly dropped it after a few episodes. It's dreadfully boring, in my opinion, and it's sad that G4 can't get some anime that's actually top-notch. What happened to the good old days of when I was a kid and they showed "Cromartie High", and "Banner of the Stars", and "Serial Experiments Lain" (those last two were when the channel was still TechTV.)

Well, they did try a non-Marvel anime, Viper's Creed, and it was a total dud and was pulled after only 4 episodes.

And it seems the X-Men episode which premiered tonight's not even gonna get a same-week rerun, as G4 decided to do a wall-to-wall Cops marathon on New Year's Day.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:23 am Reply with quote
The narrator for that advertisement used one of the lamest of lame white guy voices. I'm not fond of the GRRRRRRRR ACTION BLARGHGHABLARGH! school of, well, anything, but he could show some edge and enthusiasm for crying out loud! Whoever supplied that voice-over might as well have been hocking tax software.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nhat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:12 am Reply with quote
Yea the narrator was horrible.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:53 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure the narrator was Grant George (Izuru in Bleach, Gilgamesh in F/SN). Yea, if you're gonna get an actor from LA to do it, might as well get someone with a deeper voice like Crispin Freeman or Jameson Price.

He read it well, but that's not the sound I associate with Blade.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:

Well, they did try a non-Marvel anime, Viper's Creed, and it was a total dud and was pulled after only 4 episodes.

And it seems the X-Men episode which premiered tonight's not even gonna get a same-week rerun, as G4 decided to do a wall-to-wall Cops marathon on New Year's Day.
Oh, yeah, they did try Viper's Creed... i completely forgot about that. Well, maybe they should try airing GOOD non-Marvel anime? (I know that's really vague, but it's the best I can muster at the moment.)
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Oh cool. Be cooler if they did a Blood and Blade crossover.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1