• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Peach-Pit

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shinotaku14
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:08 am Reply with quote
Wow. Is it just me, or are they coming off as incredibly Lame?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:29 am Reply with quote
It's not just you. They couldn't have given more generic answers if they were customer service robots.

Haven't seen any of their shows, but if they're as lame as their authors, I'm not going to be beating down the doors to my nearest B&M anytime soon.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:37 am Reply with quote
ZING!

Oh, Peach Pit, we love and respect you as we do all Zod's creatures, but seriously guys-do you just not like answering questions or what? I mean, I'm used to Japanese creators being polite and deferential in interviews cause that's how Japanese people tend to be, but some of these answers sounded like they came from a form letter. I refuse to believe they were paying attention when asked that question about the teacher from DearS. And I hope I'm right. Oo;;;

But in all fairness, they sure know how to draw pretty hair (hey, it's harder than you'd think!)
biliano

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:14 am Reply with quote
If it's true that Peach-Pit does have the personality of a "used tissue" or are afraid of large gatherings, then why did they even bother coming to AnimeExpo in the first place? Confused

Last edited by biliano on Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ranma824

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:39 am Reply with quote
I thought the interview was fine. Everyone in the industry can't all be charismatic and be comfortable in interviews. I'm sure Peach-Pit arent the only ones like this.
JTtheBrick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:49 am Reply with quote
*sigh* cut them some slack, geez Rolling Eyes
biliano

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:40 pm Reply with quote
I thought Bamboo and Sean did a good job with the Peach-Pit interview as well. I'm curious as to how old these two ladies are because from what I read in the interview, the tone of their answers sound more like that they still consider themselves as doujinshi artists rather than professional manga creators. Their answers sound too amateurish for the casual fan to take them seriously. I understand that the two are shy in nature, and they might have been a little overwhelm by the atmosphere of the convention (which is what I was hoping to address in the question I asked in my first post), but they owe it to their growing fan base to give at least some insight on their works.

Another point, this might have been their first-ever interview, and they probably don't know how to handle the media. I don't know how many times they were interviewed in their native Japan, but maybe they're inexperienced in handling the media and don't know the proper etiquette on how to handle themselves on a professional level.
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I liked the interview, Peach-Pit should be happy they already have an american fanboy Razz , I've only read the first 3 vol. of DearS and I've seen Rozen Maiden..... buuuut.... -marks himself a fanboy anyways- Confused
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:40 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
If it's true that Peach-Pit does have the personality of a "used tissue" or are afraid of large gatherings, then why did they even bother coming to AnimeExpo in the first place? Confused

1) because Tokyopop made them.

2) So I could get my Rozen Maiden anime illust book signed. Very Happy

And yeah, they're both still pretty young. Definitely from the fandom side of things (consider the fact that they were picked up by Dengeki magazine; the stuff they publish is not exactly high art).

I couldn't even read past the first chapter of the Rozen Maiden manga, to be honest, although I adore the anime.
Gauss

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Shinotaku14 wrote:
Wow. Is it just me, or are they coming off as incredibly Lame?

Oi, I'm not a big fan of their work but I have to say the questions were hardly deep to begin with, and from their answers (especially the teacher thing) it appears that they relied on an inexperienced interpreter. Hardly surprising their answers are so wishy-washy.
NeoSam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:01 pm Reply with quote
The main target audience of Peach-Pit's manga/anime are males:

*DearS: Serialized in the shounen(boy's) manga magazine Dengeki Gao!.

*Zombie-Loan: Serialized in the shounen(boy's) manga magazine G-Fantasy.

*Rozen Maiden: Serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Comic Birz.

Also some chapters of Di Gi Charat which is also aimed at males.

As you can see for now all the manga that is done by Peach-Pit is aimed at males.

Quote:
Have you ever thought of doing a shoujo manga?

LOL.
You are asking Peach-Pit who got their fame by targeting "horny" male otakus.
VespaChick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:41 pm Reply with quote
NeoSam wrote:

As you can see for now all the manga that is done by Peach-Pit is aimed at males.

They may be aimed at males but Zombie-Loan in particular I KNOW has a large female fan base, I'd say more-so female than male. Just because it doesnt run in a shoujo magazine doesnt mean there arent female readers.
The others I agree are much more 'horny-fanboy'-based, but at least one of their series does branch out into another demographic for it's fanbase.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:53 pm Reply with quote
VespaChick wrote:
NeoSam wrote:

They may be aimed at males but Zombie-Loan in particular I KNOW has a large female fan base, I'd say more-so female than male. Just because it doesnt run in a shoujo magazine doesnt mean there arent female readers.
The others I agree are much more 'horny-fanboy'-based, but at least one of their series does branch out into another demographic for it's fanbase.

Do you think that Rozen Maiden was made for "horny fanboys"?
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:04 pm Reply with quote
The Ramblin' Wreck wrote:
VespaChick wrote:
NeoSam wrote:

Well, perhapse for a some otaku...we all know about those peope...
NeoSam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:36 pm Reply with quote
The Ramblin' Wreck wrote:

YES.

VespaChick wrote:

Zombie-Loan is a shounen(boy's) manga, even in the case it has 100% female fanbase and 0% male fanbase.

Just like Prince of Tennis is a shounen(boy's) manga even that it has more female fans than males, that doesn't change the fact that its targeted at males, and that its a shounen manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3