• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can anyone recommend a non ecchi romance anime for me?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I've recently gotten into the romance genre and i guess i've gotten tired of the ecchi in most recent romance anime. Right now i just wanna watch a romance anime with a good love story and great characters. I thank everybody for their recomendations!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Dranxis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, if you like classics, then it sounds like Maison Ikkoku is perfect for you. Outstanding characters and a sweet love story, with no ecchi involved as far as I know. It's from Rumiko Takahashi, but it doesn't have the fantasy and outrageousness of her other works. Its much more down to earth than Inu-Yasha and Ranma 1/2.
Nirvana

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien is a great romance anime. Awesome character development, great plot... the works. SChool Rumble is also a "romance" anime, but its more based on comedy i guess... however the comedy, unlike most animes, isn't based on the ecchiness.
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:05 pm Reply with quote
School Rumble is excellent, and is almost completely devoid of fanservice. It is, however, primarily a comedic show. The relationship between characters just kind of fuels the comedy.
Nirvana

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:21 am Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
School Rumble is excellent, and is almost completely devoid of fanservice. It is, however, primarily a comedic show. The relationship between characters just kind of fuels the comedy.

yah, thats why i said that it was more comedy based =/... but i'd see people watching it for the romance aspect Razz... haha
Inujun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:19 am Reply with quote
Try Peach Girl, it has no ecchi, also some other romantic animes like Full Moon wo Sagashite and Fruits Basket are non-ecchi as well
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Inujun wrote:
Try Peach Girl, it has no ecchi, also some other romantic animes like Full Moon wo Sagashite and Fruits Basket are non-ecchi as well

Care to give better reasons behind your suggestions? All you're saying is that they lack ecchi, but that doesn't say anything about why you're recommending them (and as a result, comes dangerously close to our little "listing" rule). Just a heads-up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1