• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Fairy Tail Blu-Ray + DVD 2

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The American Average

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:03 am Reply with quote
Fair review. Love Fairy Tail
Thoughtcannon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:42 am Reply with quote
I can agree with everything except the music comment. I don't know how the music is mixed on the BR but when the show airs it always seems prominent to me. Likewise, I don't where you get off calling the Fairy Tail music banal when Yasuhara Takanashi's OST is an excellent mix of celtic and rock music, with a particularly excellent main theme that applies itself well in many different contexts.
Divineking

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:11 am Reply with quote
Again I agree with everything except the score for the music. The soundtrack is pretty awesome to me.
Gasero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:42 am Reply with quote
The early episodes of Fairy Tail definitely suffered from substituting action with background pans and still frames, but as the show continued I assume they put more into the budget and allowed better animation for normal episodes.
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:06 am Reply with quote
Carlos, the background music is a delightful blend of Celtic Rock instrumentals, which adds charm and elicits a fantasy feeling. I still fail to understand why you hate it.
daichi383

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Carlos, the background music is a delightful blend of Celtic Rock instrumentals, which adds charm and elicits a fantasy feeling. I still fail to understand why you hate it.

I definitely agree although i can also see why Carlos thinks that and respect his opinion. so yeah, i agree with everything except the music.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote
You have to be just about the only person I've encountered that doesn't like Fairy Tail's music. I'm sure I've come across one or two others, but I can't remember where or when.

Otherwise, people that hate the anime adaption have at least liked the music. People that even hate the manga like the music.

Unless they've entirely replaced the music for the US release, that you're scoring it the lowest of it's gradings, even below the animation, is a travesty.

I can only hope your minority opinion on the subject doesn't influence anyone against buying the series, though fortunately music isn't usually the deciding factor in buying decisions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quote
It only gets better with Parts 3 and 4. The story contains the 2 best arcs and the soundtrack 2 is used there...it's better than OST 1 imo. but OST 1 is filled with music that fills me with such nostalgia everytime i listen to it.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I have to add in my vote to everyone else defending the music - I adore the Fairy Tail music. It's one of my favorite anime soundtracks of all time...I really can't understand someone disliking it this much, and I was under the impression that most viewers enjoyed it.
ZephyrVayu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I agree with everyone else. Fairy Tail has my favourite OSTs. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but I'm just struggling to understand how someone can consider them to be so "mediocre".
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Got to agree with everyone else that says that Fairy Tail has a great OST. It might never make a top 10 list but it's certainly solid.

It's great to see Fairy Tail sell well because that increases the chance that Funimation will pick up the rest of the series.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's great to see Fairy Tail sell well because that increases the chance that Funimation will pick up the rest of the series.

Where can I see this at?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Giving the music a C- basically makes this review pointless. What makes Fairy Tails anime so enjoyable is the amazing soundtrack.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote
This was a great review, I need to keep an eye out for more Carlos.

I agree with everyone else about the music, but to each their own. You came off fair and clear. A lot of people would've snarked their way through a review of a series like this.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I honestly want to add this to my watchlist since this is Mashima's work and I'm forever a fan of Rave Master, but I think it's going to be a while before I can start it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2