• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How can I rate titles and make My Anime public?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kanegawa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:22 am Reply with quote
Okay, so i'm new here.. so i'm quite stupid.. lol... Wink so okay down to the question... HOW CAN I RATE?? i've looked but i can't find!! Okay, i know that this is a stupid question so feel free to say that it is....

better not.. do not say if it is a stupid question.. Shocked
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:58 am Reply with quote
Your question is one of most asked questions; in fact, second only to "how to add a picture (i.e. avatar) under my username?" Most users can find the rating feature without much problem, yet some users could never find it even with a text-based manual. In order to eliminate (or at least, significantly reduce) the same question being asked again and again, I've decided to write up a step-by-step guide along with figures:

1. Go to the entry of the anime you want to rate. Look carefully at the upper right corner of your browser window, and you'll see a region like this:

2. In order to rate an anime, you need to watch it either partially or completely; you are not allowed to rate one if you have not seen it yet. Click "some" or "all" and the page will refresh; it becomes like this:

Seen some:

Seen all:

3. Click "rate it" and it will redirect you to the rating page.

Use the pull-down menu to select a rating and the version you have seen. Click "Save those ratings" button to save your rating.

There are other tricks like rating multiple titles at the same time, writing comments, creating custom categories, etc., but I'll let you to try out those functions by yourself, for it would be much more exciting (while saving me a lot of time).

Please make this thread sticky.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
kanegawa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:51 pm Reply with quote
THANK YOU!!! And sorry for taking up some of your time Embarassed Anime smile + sweatdrop well thats another stepping stone for me to figuring out all of the secrets of ANN Shocked Laughing
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:08 pm Reply with quote
I just learned that many users, even many veteran ones, do not know how to make their "My Anime" public. It's highly related to rating anime (both involve "My Anime"), so instead of opening another thread I just post the method by replying here:

1. Go to My Anime

2. Look at right column. There's a "Misc." region with four links.

3. Click on "Edit my categories". It will give you a menu like this:

4. Click "edit" on any of these categories. There are many options, but the most important one is

Check the box and click "Save Category" button.

5. Repeat step 4 for any category you want to publicize.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shinobi X

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:08 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Your question is one of most asked questions; in fact, second only to "how to add a picture (i.e. avatar) under my username?" Most users can find the rating feature without much problem, yet some users could never find it even with a text-based manual. In order to eliminate (or at least, significantly reduce) the same question being asked again and again, I've decided to write up a step-by-step guide along with figures:

1. Go to the entry of the anime you want to rate. Look carefully at the upper right corner of your browser window, and you'll see a region like this:

2. In order to rate an anime, you need to watch it either partially or completely; you are not allowed to rate one if you have not seen it yet. Click "some" or "all" and the page will refresh; it becomes like this:

Seen some:

Seen all:

3. Click "rate it" and it will redirect you to the rating page.

Use the pull-down menu to select a rating and the version you have seen. Click "Save those ratings" button to save your rating.

There are other tricks like rating multiple titles at the same time, writing comments, creating custom categories, etc., but I'll let you to try out those functions by yourself, for it would be much more exciting (while saving me a lot of time).

Please make this thread sticky.

Thanks! lol
By the way, when you choose english subtitled, does that mean you're choosing to rate the title Watching it in Japanese version?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shikatamasu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:36 pm Reply with quote
I am so glad you asked that question. I did not know either. Thanks. Laughing
Lord of the Fairies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:53 am Reply with quote
I've another question: if i rate an anime my vote doesn't appear, you can read "You rated this anime Very good" for instance but the vote seems not to be counted. the best situation to see that is when i rate an anime having no rates yet - there are still no rates.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:37 am Reply with quote
Lord of the Fairies wrote:
the best situation to see that is when i rate an anime having no rates yet - there are still no rates.

1. There are minimum votes required to be listed (currently 11 for anime and 4 for manga). Rainbow-colored rating bars would not appear if there are less then required votes.

2. Even if there are enough votes, the database refreshes itself on a daily basis, not instantly, so if you count the total votes before and right after your voting they would be the same.
James the Lesser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for already asking this question! I was stumped, I looked and looked and couldn't find it. Time to go and contribute to the site!
Necrontry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for answering this I also had trouble. Then sorta gave up after a little while of trying.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:33 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
I just learned that many users, even many veteran ones, do not know how to make their "My Anime" public. It's highly related to rating anime (both involve "My Anime"), so instead of opening another thread I just post the method by replying here:

1. Go to My Anime

2. Look at right column. There's a "Misc." region with four links.

3. Click on "Edit my categories". It will give you a menu like this:

4. Click "edit" on any of these categories. There are many options, but the most important one is

Check the box and click "Save Category" button.

5. Repeat step 4 for any category you want to publicize.

EDIT: Umm... I got it now, I thought I didn't understand but now I'm pretty sure I do. thanks a lot! Very Happy
ws6fire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:49 pm Reply with quote
At times if you use Firefox you may need to scroll to the right. At least I do. Wink
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Um, first off: please forgive me if this is thought of as spamming, I know it's sorta off-topic but I didn't know where else to ask this.

I wanted to write a summary for a manga but I coudln't really wrap my brain around why it won't let me. Are question marks really not allowed? Or is it something else that I'm missing? If anyone could help me with this, even if it's just to say: "It's so glaringly obvious it's PAINFUL, you n00b!" at least then I'll know.

I'd appriciate it. Thanks. Anime catgrin
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
I wanted to write a summary for a manga but I coudln't really wrap my brain around why it won't let me. Are question marks really not allowed?

Plot Summary Rules wrote:
6. Do not use interrogative (?) or exclamative (!) sentences.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:33 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
I wanted to write a summary for a manga but I coudln't really wrap my brain around why it won't let me. Are question marks really not allowed?

Plot Summary Rules wrote:
6. Do not use interrogative (?) or exclamative (!) sentences.

Eh heh heh... thanks. Embarassed
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2