• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Annual Film Lineup?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isaacada1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:28 am Reply with quote
Is it possible in the future to have an annual theatrical anime film line article published like the one you posted last week?
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-12-30/2012-anime-film-lineup-posted

As an event organizer, this article was VERY helpful in helping to determine programming options for my festival. Thank you for posting it and hope to see one a year from now for 2013.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:30 am Reply with quote
It was very helpful to me too. I've already decided on which ones on the list interest me, and typed up a list on my computer of titles I can look forward to. It's currently at forty-two titles, although I've counted some titles multiple times if they have multiple movies or OVA episodes in a series.

So yeah, keep this feature coming, it works out great. And if you can make it a biannual thing that would be even better. I say that because a lot of the titles don't have confirmed release dates yet (being so far away), so updating more frequently would mean more accuracy. Just a thought.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Egan was telling me that we've noted that the article was well received. Hopefully we'll be able to post something similar next year as well.

You might also like this: animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime/upcoming/movie
isaacada1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Chris for the post and the link! Very nice. I'll be passing on this information to other event(anime/animation conventions and genre film festivals) organizers about this page. Can't tell you again how useful in planning that having this type of information is.

As dtm42 noted, perhaps updating this type of article every six months would be a good thing. There's quite a few "to be determined" dates for films to be released.

On a related note, anyone want to go through the encyclopedia an write a similar article for for anime films released each year for the past decade?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
isaacada1 wrote:

On a related note, anyone want to go through the encyclopedia an write a similar article for for anime films released each year for the past decade?

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime-list.php?showdate=1&limit_to=&showM=1&licensed=&sort=date&invertsort=1
isaacada1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:10 am Reply with quote
You rock Chris! Thank You!
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:29 pm Reply with quote
isaacada1 wrote:
You rock Chris! Thank You!

No, Dan rocks for thinking that feature up years ago.

Maybe I should do "did you know" posts on the front page about various ANN features.

-t
isaacada1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
[quote="tempest"]No, Dan rocks for thinking that feature up years ago.
Maybe I should do "did you know" posts on the front page about various ANN features.[/quote]

Dan, YOU ROCK! Good idea Chris about the "did you know".

Also, I wanted to pass on a BIG Thank You also to ANN from film festival organizers across the globe. The programming directors I converse with were VERY appreciative to you for posting this information. I'm on a couple private groups and they all applauded the article. We're just now trying to find a comparable article for all other animation feature films. Found some good sites covering that beat but they're either in Dutch or French. Thank goodness for all the online translation tools. Smile
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:09 pm Reply with quote
isaacada1 wrote:
The programming directors I converse with were VERY appreciative to you for posting this information.

They're all very welcome to

1) Send news to us about any Japanese animation or related movies (those based on manga for example) that may be showing at their events (especially premieres or showings with guests). We're more than happy to publicize it.

2) Give us a shout out (or a free ad) in their program guide, at their event, whatever they want...

Smile
isaacada1

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to the June update to this article!
isaacada1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Any chance that a fall anime film lineup article will be posted?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1