• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Advent Children Delayed [2005-08-25]

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theoriginalbilis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Damnit! Me and another friends preordered that DVD!

Oh well... maybe this means it'll be longer when it comes out 4th quarter. Guess I'll spend the preorder money on something else.
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:09 pm Reply with quote
*pulls out hair* EVIL! ABOSLUTLY EVIL I SAY!!! CURSE THEM ALL TO ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *breaths* I'm better now. ^^ The DVD better have so GOOD extra stuff to make us wait this long. *grummbles and walks off, cursing Enix*
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:18 pm Reply with quote
November 29th is the date the computer where I work has as the listed releace date.
mkg12

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:18 pm Reply with quote
So....basically we don't get the last order ova. Since it is only in the Ultimate Edition which is only released in Japan. That kind of blows.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:29 pm Reply with quote
This still sounds like Japanese release information (with the yen price given and all, though the release date will be the same for them and us, I'd imagine the domestic release would be half that or less). Why is it taking so long for S-E to give us first hand NA release info? And why would the Ultimate Edition still be released on time? If there was a production error then why delay both the standard DVD and the UMD and why make the delay world wide (assuming it is world wide)? Too many questions, this just doesn't add up.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:33 pm Reply with quote
First FFXII, not this. R.I.P. Square
silentjay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:42 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
First FFXII, not this. R.I.P. Square

It's the US release that's delayed, not the Japanese one. It's still coming out on Sept 14th in Japan, which probably means something fell through on the NA distribution side, and not S-E's side. (Wasn't Sony supposed to be the NA distributor?)

Edit: Yep, it's Sony, and the decision was on Sony's side, not S-E.
Proman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I think that the reason it was delayed is because Sony is trying to cash in on Holiday Season.
Raoh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Way to piss everyone off, Sony.

EDIT:
Thanks to Wyvern for pointing it out that Sony was delaying the release, not Square-Enix.

Last edited by Raoh on Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
ShinigamiZero16

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:24 pm Reply with quote
or it could be because of the casting process.... apparantly not many of the characters have english voices as of yet. <.<
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:28 pm Reply with quote
It must be tough being Square-Enix, being essentially at the mercy of Sony's distro wing and getting blamed for everything they do. Attention Squeenix bashers: THIS IS SONY'S DOING. Square-Enix made the movie, they do not distribute it. They didn't even distribute movies back when Square Pictures was around-the first Final Fantasy movie was distributed by Columbia Pictures. Sony probably noticed that the hype for this flick is growing, and decided to bring it out during the busy and more profitible holiday season than burying it in September, one of the slowest months of the year for the video industry.

It does stink that Last Order won't be coming to America. Of course, about a million groups will be fansubbing it now that it's essentially unliscenced.

Unless of course, Sony is planning to release a mega-super-ultimate-return-of-the-king-platinum edition in six months with nine extra discs and Last Order included...I could see them doing that...

Last edited by Wyvern on Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jadress

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:31 pm Reply with quote
NOOO!!!!! *cries* Oh my GOD!! Well.. I don't mind waiting a bit longer, since we already put up with this much delays.. but I am pissed about not getting the Last Order OAV. Sorry, I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars no matter how hardcore I am.. I just don't have the money. And that was the ONLY thing I really cared about in the Limited Edition thingy. I will be illegally downloading that with absolutely no guilt or regret, if that does in fact, not come with the North American edition. (Unless they release it as its own separate dvd later.. then I'll buy that.. ^^; )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Demaar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Well, I won't be buying it then.
The sole reason I was intending to buy Advent Children was for the Last Order OVA. But we're not getting that, so...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:48 pm Reply with quote
If SQ'ENIX doesn't get Last Order, ADV, FUNimation, or Geneon will, guaranteed.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:53 pm Reply with quote
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how can they do that! It's a Christmas ploy it is! I KNOW it... Crying or Very sad I've waited 7 years for a sequel and what...it gets delayed..

Ah well...I guess I'll just have to find Japanese raws to watch the day it comes out
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3