• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Samurai Champloo PS2 Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:46 pm Reply with quote
why?

someone please explain to me how the world this could possibly work.
hagakure|returns

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:42 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
why?

someone please explain to me how the world this could possibly work.

How would this not work? They did a game on Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto, Gantz, why not Samurai Champloo? A simple 2 player hack and slash.

If you have a problem with Game to Anime, than just don't play it. Simple.
wolfcry
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Actually, it could evolve into more than just "hack and Slash". I dont think it has quite the cast of characters to be able to make PvP fighting game. It would have to be more of an RPG to be interesting. Sort of like FMA, as you said.

One thing though: it doesnt look like they'll be cell shading it, which COULD spell trouble. Depends on the presentation, but i personally prefer cell shaded games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Isaaru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:48 pm Reply with quote
personally i would like to see:

-an Elfin Lied game for PS2 where Lucy just walks around and people just start exploding all round the place in some sick Resident Evil style splatterfest.

-a GTA style Paranoia Agent game. There would spoiler[be some dillusional fantasy vision button where you could switch from real life or not. And you can grow really big ]
theoriginalbilis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:57 am Reply with quote
I'm thinking a mix of hack and slash and music/beat game.

Like I dunno, music's playing a attack and moves are timed with the beat of the music. Something like parappa or donkey kinga or something. I has to involve music in some way. That would make it a standout game.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote
That'd be crazy to have this be made into an RPG game where there's a new story and plot that you have to go through with Mugen, Jin or Fuu. And then some of the bosses can be a "hack and slash" fight mode, but I still think they can pull it off if they did something like that.

Of course it's also a way to get as much money out of people so hopefully they don't rush this and end up screwing the whole thing up in the process.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1