• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland Video Anime Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:00 am Reply with quote
What...the...actual...fudge?

Mind cannot fathom...
opn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:44 am Reply with quote
So...instead of knightmare of nunally the anime...we get this?.....what the hell.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:18 am Reply with quote
maybe i shouldn't read news sites this early in the morning before i eat breakfast, but, i think i'm reading something about a Nunnally based code geass spin off that isn't based on Nightmare (Knightmare)...........

a pity maybe this is a nightmare and i'm still sleeping Smile

-G
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:49 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
So...instead of knightmare of nunally the anime...we get this?.....what the hell.

That would have been a nice TV series. Ah well!
ayashe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:14 am Reply with quote
Ew, a crap, non-canon anime based on a crap non-canon manga? No thanks, all the Code Geass manga should just disappear, it's awful. The Akito anime will be bad enough we don't need any more fanon, OC, and OOC. At least this will be crack, and Code Geass does wonderful crack (and it obviously has actual Code Geass characters in it!)
nightjuan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:21 am Reply with quote
ayashe wrote:
The Akito anime will be bad enough

I must respectfully disagree. I find that project to be far more interesting myself. Nevertheless, it is still too soon to tell for sure.

Quote:

At least this will be crack, and Code Geass does wonderful crack (and it obviously has actual Code Geass characters in it!)

And yet, I have little to no interest in this. In the end, Bandai and Sunrise are essentially making completely separate projects aimed at the different parts of the Code Geass audience. Which is probably a smarter plan than trying to do everything at the same time in a single series. R2 should be proof enough of that.

This time, those who want crack will get crack and those who want something else will get it too. Everyone should be happy, right? Wink
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote
a wonderland version looking seeing "he" holding a hat lelouch might be mad hatter in it.

oh boy there just waste it all til re-boot/restart it all to already just make whole reset series & prevent those "events".
pajmo9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Well, as someone with a degree in graphic design I'm actually kind of interested in this project. That is, if they don't treat it cheaply.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Okay, that is weird.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
You know what the real tragedy is? Now that Bandai USA has begun the process of imploding, none of this new Code Geass stuff will probably ever be dubbed...
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Okay, maybe it's just me, but I think this will be so fun to watch. I love practically anything related to Alice in Wonderland, so a Code Geass version should be interesting. Sure, I wish it was Nightmare of Nunnally getting an anime, but still, this is still nice.
ianiceboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:26 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
opn wrote:

That would have been a nice TV series. Ah well!

Even though I didn't like Nightmare of Nunnally, I concede that at least a series would help me understand what was happening in the action scenes.

But if we're going to be non-canon, I prefer this Wonderland idea.
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
What...the...actual...fudge?

Mind cannot fathom...

This. As a Geass fan, I am shocked that they're actually following through with this. It makes me worry that this franchise is simply starting to be milked for cash regardless of whether or not the idea is poorly thought out, which I fear may be the case here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Zerozap

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I liked Geass for two different reasons.

Badass masked revolutionary war robot mecha actions with compelling main character mind-screwery.

And as a older brother to a little sister, watching Lelouch being the bestest big brother eveh. (Debate-able, I know)

This looks like a simple, funny, although crack filled representations of the latter."He uses his geass to its ultimate potential for Nunnallys happiness" or some such. I won't be holding my breath for it, but I'm not going to disregard it right off the bat either.

Also, Nightmare of Nunnally? Poor writing with cheap tropes that doesn't do justice to code geass mindscrewery. Do not want. Also it was a tad heavy on the little girl fanservice. NOT IN MY FRAKKING BIG BROTHER MORAL HOUSEHOLD.
Peh.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:34 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't consider Lelouch relationship with Nunnaly as being the best big brother ever. I am personally siding with people who think the large amount of insanity present in the Royal Britannian family was caused by incest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2