• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Related anime section?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:27 am Reply with quote
I don't know how hard would it be, but have you guys considered having a related links feature like Imdb does? Like "people who liked x show, also liked this" kind of thing? I think that would be very convenient for people who are just now getting into anime.

Last edited by v1cious on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:44 am Reply with quote
Wouldn't that just be the same as the "find similar based on theme and genre" option?
NegativeGate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:13 am Reply with quote
It would be very similar, the only thing I can think of that is different is sometimes the similar genre button can return multiple hundreds of shows, where as this feature would probably give three or four strong recommendations, of course The same problem could be solved by only checking the higher rated shows, but there is a large possibility of missing something you might like this way as not every show you will like is always going to be rated highly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1