• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
IGPX - ANN Talks to the Producers and Director

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabidkeebler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:24 pm Reply with quote
There is something bugging me, the IGPX they are showing now and the preview they showed about 2 years ago are completely different? Back when Toonami was on every weekday they had a regular 30 minute episode to preview IGPX. There was no racing what so ever. Instead it was a colloseum type battle where the mechs fought in a traditional fashion (guns, swords, etc). Now it is completely changed. They seem to have kept some of the main characters that I remember (the girl with the cat) but this is way different.
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I would also hope that it would, and it already has, open the door for more of these co-productions because as an anime fan, I get kind of tired of seeing anime brought over and destroyed, you know what I mean?
Well, if they do co-productions and won't have to edit anime, that could be good. They have to give those kids something to watch. I've watched some of Hot Wheels from Toonami, and I can't help but think this might be similar. Little kids though might like the whole anime style. I didn't really like Hot Wheels, but it wasn't supposed to appeal to my age group anyway.
Quote:
Cartoon Network’s in 124 different countries all around the world, and Toonami’s on... a number of them.
So the next time I go on vacation in another country, I'll just look for CN. Then I won't have to worry about the anime portion of my diet...
Mugen The Great

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:37 pm Reply with quote
IGPX is the TV show I anticipate the most this fall season (yes, even more than Naruto). Between the beautiful animation, excellent cast, awesome promos, and this interview, I absolutely cannot think of a way this show can be a failure. November 5th can't come soon enough!
antonmonter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:57 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
Cartoon Network’s in 124 different countries all around the world, and Toonami’s on... a number of them

Just to document, the Toonami in Mexican Cartoon Network only broadcast 2 series (Pokemon & Inuyasha) is scheduled at midnight, it doesn't have any new show for almost half a year & there isn't Adult Swim.
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:27 pm Reply with quote
thisguyhere

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:56 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if we will get to see the pilot again.
Ranmah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:19 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see it. I have CN Japan. From what I've seen this looks like a cool show.

Japan Toonami has Ragnarok (little boy), Last Exile, Flame of Recca, Samurai Deeper Kyo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:06 pm Reply with quote
rabidkeebler wrote:
There is something bugging me, the IGPX they are showing now and the preview they showed about 2 years ago are completely different? Back when Toonami was on every weekday they had a regular 30 minute episode to preview IGPX. There was no racing what so ever. Instead it was a colloseum type battle where the mechs fought in a traditional fashion (guns, swords, etc). Now it is completely changed. They seem to have kept some of the main characters that I remember (the girl with the cat) but this is way different.

Completely different. It's partially explained in the interview, with the question, "So if it started out as a racing show, how did you get to the point where the IGPX 5-minute pilots were more of a Last Man Standing-type show?"
Seanb
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:23 am Reply with quote
thisguyhere wrote:

I wouldn't count on it. Maybe as a DVD extra.
MDawg957

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I was at this panel. Sean said there's the off-chance it could have a late-night airing, otherwise it'll probably end up a DVD extra.

Also, they showed us the entire first episode. They kept all the characters (I think) but basically just redesigned everything from the ground up.

The music is pretty good as well. The US version will be using a score created by NinjaTune. They're ont really sure how much the japanese version will retain of that soundtrack though. The eventual DVD would have both the US and japanese versions of the show though (It's hard to call it a sub/dub since the production was so mixed for this show).
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:03 pm Reply with quote
MDawg957 wrote:
I was at this panel. Sean said there's the off-chance it could have a late-night airing, otherwise it'll probably end up a DVD extra.

Also, they showed us the entire first episode. They kept all the characters (I think) but basically just redesigned everything from the ground up.

The music is pretty good as well. The US version will be using a score created by NinjaTune. They're ont really sure how much the japanese version will retain of that soundtrack though. The eventual DVD would have both the US and japanese versions of the show though (It's hard to call it a sub/dub since the production was so mixed for this show).

Well, we asked Sean and Jason those questions during the interview, so the answers to that will pop in the second half of it.
R.G.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if the first IGPX DVD will have english with japanese subtitles and vice versa . . .
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:11 am Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:
I wonder if the first IGPX DVD will have english with japanese subtitles and vice versa . . .

Form what we can gather, it's been confirm, more or so, the dvds will be billingual.
roxfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:40 pm Reply with quote
thisguyhere wrote:

You mean the 5-ep micro series?
It used to be up at http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/features/igpx/index.php, but looks like the domain got expired.
You can see the page using archive.org, but it doesn't have the files.
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:12 pm Reply with quote
roxfan wrote:
It used to be up at http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/features/igpx/index.php, but looks like the domain got expired.
You can see the page using archive.org, but it doesn't have the files.

The domain thing's being worked on, but the content's still there:
http://216.127.64.64/features/igpx/index.php
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2