• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Stereo Spica

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:08 am Reply with quote
All thanks to Fruits Basket of course, I've collected Natsuki Takaya's entire catalogue of titles from Tokyopop and truly appreciate her as a storyteller. She just has that certain charm. I'll definitely be on the lookout for Twinkle Stars, when and if someone licenses this, although it's kinda hard to image someone wouldn't.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
All thanks to Fruits Basket of course, I've collected Natsuki Takaya's entire catalogue of titles from Tokyopop and truly appreciate her as a storyteller. She just has that certain charm. I'll definitely be on the lookout for Twinkle Stars, when and if someone licenses this, although it's kinda hard to image someone wouldn't.

Same here. I agree with the Against arguments for Twinkle Stars, I'm still interested in the characters and, as usual, can relate to their struggles or insecurities well.

I'm hoping to see Yen Press or a smaller publisher get the license. Not that I don't love Shojo Beat, Viz, or KUSA, but I think if the lesser-known companies get some big titles they'll get to really shine.
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know why Twinkle Stars never got released here in the post-Fruits Basket "Publish ALL The Natsuki Takaya" rush? Are there weird licensing issues surrounding it? It seems like it would have been a shoo-in for a US license a few years back, so it seems so weird to me that it never made it over...

I really want to read it someday!
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
he is the only manga-ka other than Oh! great whose fan service shots I respect from an artistic standpoint

Oh! great is a very good artist, no doubt, but I just can not take anyone seriously who makes this kind of comment. Artistic use of fan service? Oh! great? Are you for real? If someone should win the award for tired, boring, overuse of fanservice with females who couldn't possibly stand upright let alone skate, it would be Oh! great. So if this book has heaps of it, then it is no better than a kindergartener with a big can of poster paint and just their hands.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1