• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arrietty Now Screening in Australian Theatres

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omiya

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:29 am Reply with quote
At least this time I could see it in Adelaide with Japanese audio and subtitles.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Distributed by Madman Entertainment, the film is available dubbed in English and in Japanese with English subtitles.

One must pose a question that perhaps brings with it a degree of controversy: with their respective origins in mind, which of the two English-language dubs have been selected?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
madmangohan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:

One must pose a question that perhaps brings with it a degree of controversy: with their respective origins in mind, which of the two English-language dubs have been selected?

Going by the fine print on Madman's Arriety website, it's the UK dub.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Saw it yesterday. I think it's the best Ghibli since Spirited Away and has their best heroine since Fio in Porco Rosso.

Yes, it's the English dub version (as opposed to the American dubbed version), which, I think, is the most appropriate way to see it since it's an English story set in England. Oddly, there are numerous Japanese elements in the film (in addition to the English ones) and, my sister informed me after the movie, the cars travel on the right-hand side of the road, which is not the case in either England or Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1