• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek to Offer 'Old CPM Title,' Schedules Other Works

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:09 am Reply with quote
The 'Old CPM Title' look to be Locke the Superman.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:12 am Reply with quote
Well, Locke could certainly use a BluRay, as I don't think any DVD that does exist would have good quality.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote
That commentary is from the OOP R2 version of Golgo: The Professional. It's not even available in Japan anymore, so be thankful DT scored it for us.
Fallenmessiahx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote
I want to get Demon City Shinjuku and the Unico movies but I want to hold off if they turn out to get a bluray release.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:51 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
That commentary is from the OOP R2 version of Golgo: The Professional. It's not even available in Japan anymore, so be thankful DT scored it for us.

Considering that movie is from 1983 and twenty nine years have passed by, that isn't that surprising. Though if this series isn't available from Japan anymore, this is a rare exception that we are actually seeing a US release.

Especially the older titles from the early 80's could really benefit from a Blu-ray edition, as the older series tend to look better the new generation that way.

Walw6pk4ALo, with the possible exception of the 2000 movie, I am not even sure if that series has ever been brought to dvd format. Seems like the type of series that wouldn't have, considering the time the series was created. Among other factors as well.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:55 am Reply with quote
I keep expecting them to announce Night on the Galactic Railroad. That one really seems like a title worth keeping in circulation. Plus, it could really use an upgrade from the too-dark-to see CPM DVD version from 10 years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Finally some dates. So must add these too my list. Especially the Unico titles. Very pleased.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki: It's not the series, just that edition of the movie.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Teriyaki: It's not the series, just that edition of the movie.

Ah I see, just re-read the article, this is what happens when you try to multi task while writing a post online.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
I keep expecting them to announce Night on the Galactic Railroad. That one really seems like a title worth keeping in circulation. Plus, it could really use an upgrade from the too-dark-to see CPM DVD version from 10 years ago.

I hope for this as well. I've been wanting to own Night on the Galactic Railroad for years.

I haven't bought any Discotek releases yet, but I plan on picking up some this year. It's good to see some classic shows and movies getting new life on DVD.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1