• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Help please! Where are Anime Stores in NYC???

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amused Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:23 pm Reply with quote
belle wrote:
Tomoyo714 wrote:
Anyone who could give me information on where to find anime stores in NYC would be awesome!

My friend and I are there right now and we had complied a list of them only to come down here and find out most of them are closed and we can't seem to find any others.

Thanks to everyone in advance for any help they can give!

http://www.animecastle.com/animecastlestore.html

I hope this site will help you. I just happened to browse and jumped on this site to see where the animecastle was at.

I appreciate the fact that you bothered to take the time to look it up. Now have you considered WHERE the bus stops for Q65, Q20A, and Q20B [the Q201 bus listed at Animecastle's page is a typo; there is no Q201 bus in nyc] are located at Main Street? Before you answer that question, here's another consideration for you--there are a good two dozen bus stops at Main Street area. And finding the right bus stop isn't as easy as you would imagine. That was why I originallly offered to take the visitors there.
ookaminodensetsu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:31 am Reply with quote
there isnt any good "anime" stores in NYC but most video stores have an anime sections located somwhere in the back.
Amused Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:55 pm Reply with quote
ookaminodensetsu wrote:
there isnt any good "anime" stores in NYC but most video stores have an anime sections located somwhere in the back.

I assume that you never visited Anime Castle, or else you wouldn't make such a statement. Anime Castle is located inside a warehouse (across the street is a Pepsi distribution center). It's solely devoted to anime.

Since you're in Brooklyn, you may want to take a trip to Queens when you have the time. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2