• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Age CG Anime Film's 1st Production Update Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Not too good of a sign when the graphics in the game look better than the graphics in the movie.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Looks dreadful to be blunt.
PrettyKitty$$$$$

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I love me some Dragon Age but this looks absolutely terrible.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least you can watch it in Japanese so you can pretend you don't hear the awful voice acting. And how do you end up with Blood Mage's Crusade and Dawn of the Seeker as the titles? I haven't played the game, but for those two titles to mean the same thing seems like a giant asspull.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Not too good of a sign when the graphics in the game look better than the graphics in the movie.

True that.

I'm very cautiously looking forward to this film. Hopefully these promo vids are just rough works and the final product will look considerably better.
Mee Deggi The Punisher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
I feel like I'm the only person in the world that's going to give this movie a fair chance.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Great, Laidlaw wants another project of his to be thought of as "awesome" right off the bat.
How about this. Make something good and let the fans react to it naturally without telling them how to react to it.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Great, Laidlaw wants another project of his to be thought of as "awesome" right off the bat.
How about this. Make something good and let the fans react to it naturally without telling them how to react to it.

There's nothing wrong with getting people hyped! Razz

Quote:
Well, at least you can watch it in Japanese so you can pretend you don't hear the awful voice acting.

We haven't even heard the English voice actors yet (or know who they are).

While I'm not a fan of the franchise, I do know several who are, and I guess this film looks alright, and I'm somewhat interested, even if it doesn't look like another FF Advent Children. The Japanese trailer mentioned a release date next month, so this film is very likely completed by now. Some of the animation looked alright (such as the dragon shot), while the rest looked pretty cell-shaded. It's nothing special, but I guess it works. It's certainly not on the level of most CG films these days.

Last edited by PurpleWarrior13 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Mee Deggi The Punisher wrote:
I feel like I'm the only person in the world that's going to give this movie a fair chance.

They writing and story could be something, but it's really not a positive when you go into something with graphics and animation that were state of the art over a decade ago.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There's nothing wrong with getting people hyped!

Mike Laidlaw, Peter Molyneux, and what's his name from the Madden franchise are all set ridiculous expectations for their games and all of their games failed to live up to the hype around them.

Hype is bad. Keep it real.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Well, at least you can watch it in Japanese so you can pretend you don't hear the awful voice acting. And how do you end up with Blood Mage's Crusade and Dawn of the Seeker as the titles? I haven't played the game, but for those two titles to mean the same thing seems like a giant asspull.

You heard the English dub? Because I recall the English cast has not been announce yet. So how do you know if the voice acting is bad or not. Also Japan has a share of not good voice acting too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GhostShell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:20 am Reply with quote

Nope, you're not the only one. I'm looking forward to the BD release. I haven't seen anything else related to the franchise, but accepting the type of animation that comes out of Oxybot, and being a fan of the Appleseed, Vexille, and To movies, I know the style to expect.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Quote:

Mike Laidlaw, Peter Molyneux, and what's his name from the Madden franchise are all set ridiculous expectations for their games and all of their games failed to live up to the hype around them.

Well, if you work on a production, especially something like this or a game, of course you're going to think it's awesome! What, was he supposed to say "This game/movie isn't great, but we hope you enjoy it anyway"? If you're promoting a product, you're supposed to get people hyped, and make them want to buy/watch/play it. That's what advertising is!
daichi383

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:20 pm Reply with quote
GhostShell wrote:

Nope, you're not the only one. I'm looking forward to the BD release. I haven't seen anything else related to the franchise, but accepting the type of animation that comes out of Oxybot, and being a fan of the Appleseed, Vexille, and To movies, I know the style to expect.

I to am willing to give this movie a shot cause the dragons look quite awesome imho. Stop hatin guys wait till we see more than a couple of minutes of footage before judging it. Rolling Eyes
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Quote:

Well, if you work on a production, especially something like this or a game, of course you're going to think it's awesome! What, was he supposed to say "This game/movie isn't great, but we hope you enjoy it anyway"? If you're promoting a product, you're supposed to get people hyped, and make them want to buy/watch/play it. That's what advertising is!

If he thinks it's great then how about just saying it's "great" instead of saying he wants fans to go, specifically, "awesome." He is a game producer/designer, he should just talk and hint about content. Doing just that has been enough to get people hype about products for a while now. Also the word "awesome" should be banned from any conversation about Dragon Age.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2