• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Not receiving email notifications

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:49 am Reply with quote
I meant your email capacity. Back then, my email account could have up to 100MB on it.
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote
Sorry. To be honest I don't know what the limit is now. I've not had any issues with email size in some time, so I haven't been compelled to check. It's considerably more than 100MB though.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote
chefneer wrote:
This episode has made me begin to re-examine that policy though. I think that what I would probably have to do is maintain the Earthlink account, in addition to a new one, for quite a while. Probably a year or so. A bother, but I have started thinking about it.

One thing I can recommend is setting up a gmail account and redirect all mail to your earthlink account. So you can start giving out the gmail address but still only have to use the earthlink account to access your mail. Eventually you can drop earthlink and use gmail exclusively. This also has the benefit that earthlink will not block the mails being redirected through gmail, since it sees them as coming from a Google IP address.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:23 pm Reply with quote
What I did when email was blocked in work due to a messup with the proxies was to switch to set up gmail to pull mail from my other accounts. Eventually I switched to using gmail exclusively - it pulls the email from the server then deletes it, then I download the mail locally from gmail. Only problem is mail sent to my other accounts takes a while to appear in gmail unless I poll manually.

Always meant to go down the route of switching my domain's mail handler to Google Apps but the thought of actually doing it always brings me out in a cold sweat... maybe when I finally get around to changing hosts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:46 pm Reply with quote
They appear to be blocking again. So, I now have a gmail address, as recommended, and it's working just fine.

I've set up my email application to poll gmail directly, so I don't anticipate any more issues. Hopefully.

I've about had enough of Earthlink.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2