• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Get-Together Group

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barkera

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:37 am Reply with quote
Well, if we can get this started, I'd love to create a group of hardcore, or even mildly-interested anime, manga or visual novel fans. There aren't many, if any, of these groups around Sydney, and it'd be cool if we could get one started!

I know a lot of Uni's do stuff like this, but for those of us who have either already left Uni, don't go to Uni or haven't gone yet; it'd be a cool chance for us to get together, and meet some new people (and if you're like me, to get out of the house more!).

Hopefully we could do anime screenings, get together for conventions (like Animania or Supernova), have manga reading times as well as time just to hang out and chat. Plus time for any other interest we might have in common. All ages and genders would be welcome of course!

If you're interested in doing something like this (and live in the general Sydney area) please post here and we'll see if we can figure something out!

Oh, and just to introduce myself, my name is Andrew, i'm 17 and currently in my least year of high school. And, of course, i'm an anime otaku!
sonictail
ANN.au Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:19 am Reply with quote
Hi Barkera,

Have you looked at the Madboards? There's a pretty good listing of Sydney clubs on there at this url. And the sheer range should mean that there is a club near you that does what you want, or could if you get involved.

Otherwise I hope you have success starting your own!
bluesousieseki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:50 pm Reply with quote
sonictail wrote:
Hi Barkera,

Have you looked at the Madboards? There's a pretty good listing of Sydney clubs on there at this url. And the sheer range should mean that there is a club near you that does what you want, or could if you get involved.

Otherwise I hope you have success starting your own!

these are university groups and i go to one of these uni groups and they suck so much. they dont know the first thing about anime.
takimaki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:05 am Reply with quote
knowledge can vary greatly depending on the group u goto..

and what they can air can also vary so much..
Amine Sydney

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:28 am Reply with quote
I agree with you about the university groups. I tried to talk to someone at my university about this big folder they had about anime reviews. She admitted that she had actually just downloaded these reviews from the net and had only watched a handful of the animes. Her friend then tried to show me guy on guy hentai pictures...

MORAL OF THE STORY: Stay away from university groups!

Be sure to check out my Anime blog: 

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1