• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Texhnolyze - 2012 thread.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goofball

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:07 am Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I just finished Texhnolyze tonight and was wondering if anybody wanted to start a new discussion on it? I see there's a lot in the archives. Thanks. Smile
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:38 am Reply with quote
You should look here in this thread first. If the series has a thread you should use an existing one.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:17 am Reply with quote
Yes, please use established threads for this purpose, even if they're older ones. Reviving them after years of inactivity to see if there's any new interest in discussing the subject is perfectly fine and does not violate forum standards about necroposting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
goofball

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:34 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Yes, please use established threads for this purpose, even if they're older ones. Reviving them after years of inactivity to see if there's any new interest in discussing the subject is perfectly fine and does not violate forum standards about necroposting.

Ok. In other forums you are told not to do that.
goofball

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:36 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
You should look here in this thread first. If the series has a thread you should use an existing one.

Right. I was on the ANN book club thread and no one was responding. As I just mentioned, in other forums I've been told not to revive old threads, with just as much as vigor.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote
I thought I'd respond to your questions here instead, it's in a stickied thread about Necroposting in the feedback section.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1955061#1955061
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
@goofball

After looking at the old ANN Book Club thread, I think I may have figured out why no one's joining the discussion.

1) It's been 2 years and most of the people who did participate probably aren't around anymore or have moved on to other things.

2) You're quoting a lot of different users, some of which I can't even tell who, and that's even after going through and cleaning up your posts. This could be confusing for people.

3) The number of quotes and replies from you is frighteningly bombarding. And again, you have to consider the passage of time (what I mentioned in point #1). So don't be surprised if the person you quoted isn't replying.

4) A lot of your comments and inquires are short, 1-2 sentence replies that seem to go all over the place, structure-wise. It's like you just finished the series, but you're trying to catch up with a discussion from 2 years ago, which in theory, is kinda' hard to do. Try to focus more on any comments or question you had recently and turn them into your own discussion to ask or talk about right now as opposed to complimenting older thoughts.

My advice would be to stick with that thread. But don't think about it in terms of talking to people who already said their stuff. Maybe you could skim it over for your own informational absorption process, but then make your posts fit your current mindset.

Like if I were you and were reviving an archived thread, I'd read over the thing, take into consideration what I observed about the anime and see if anyone else felt the same, not quote them necessarily, but to keep it in mind. Then, after mulling on all the information I saw combined with how I feel right now about said anime, I'd exert all my creative juices and just start posting my own comments. If people reply, that's great. If not, oh well. It's the Internet.
goofball

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Ok, but I really don't care. I was trying to figure how it works. I see now. So I'm a newbie. So what. Very Happy Razz You'll see, I know what I'm doing. Sorry I landed like a bomb! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1