• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, January 22-28

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I realized between last week's posting and today's that I was wrong when I said last week was Naruto volume fifty-three's fourth week on the list... I traced it back to its release date, and I'm even happier to realize that it has been on the list for, including this report, EIGHT weeks straight. Anime smile + sweatdrop

EDIT: I'mma genius, I just noticed the "Weeks on the List" column for the first time Mr. Green

Also, great job Durarara!!!
MrXarnus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote
The $ 12,99 should be $ 11,99. The Yen Press site and other sites say that those volumes cost 11,99 and not 12,99.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see hotd and Durarararararararara up there, though I've only seen the anime of each. I hope we get a DRRR bluray over here, and that hotd gets a second season.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Didn't expect to see Black God on here. I knew there was a fanbase, but didn't expect it to be this large.
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Arisa up there. I was so relieved when Kodansha spared it the axe. Now finish Nodame, dammit!
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Durarara!!'s manga sales numbers warm my heart. I'll be getting my copy in a few days. Hopefully it'll prove enough of a success monetarily that the light novels will be seen as a viable next step.

Happy for KUSA, too. Hoping in time they'll release all of Alive: The Final Evolution. I adore that series and didn't got to own it all.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Damn Durarara. I love seeing Volume 1s on the list. It shows that there is always room for more in the manga industry.

Arisa's on the list too. It's the best shojo series in years, so I'm glad that it's doing well for Kodansha.

I love how Pandora Hearts and Black Butler both have monochrome + red covers this time around.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Highschool Of The Dead Vol. 5 on the list. Just finished reading the Colour Omnibus 1 (contains the colour versions of volumes 1-4) a few days ago. Looking forward to the next three volumes and hopefully Yen Press will publish Colour Omnibus 2.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Moon is unbeatable, its coo to see vollume 3 on the list even though I haven't even gotten it yet but I'll get it next time I run to a book store. Very Happy
Kohii

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:02 am Reply with quote
GhostShell wrote:
Glad to see Highschool Of The Dead Vol. 5 on the list. Just finished reading the Colour Omnibus 1 (contains the colour versions of volumes 1-4) a few days ago. Looking forward to the next three volumes and hopefully Yen Press will publish Colour Omnibus 2.

The Omnibus had already been published in Japan, I think. So I doubt YP publishes a second one before they actually release it first over there. Also, you would need an 8th volume to create a second omnibus, and that hasn't been published yet.

It's a little interesting to see the fifth volume of HOTD one spot higher than the DRRR volume 1.

BTW, the HOTD color omnibus = worth every penny. That is some high quality material. You can clearly tell the Yen Press staff put a lot of effort into it.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Kohii wrote:
GhostShell wrote:

The Omnibus had already been published in Japan, I think. So I doubt YP publishes a second one before they actually release it first over there. Also, you would need an 8th volume to create a second omnibus, and that hasn't been published yet.

It's a little interesting to see the fifth volume of HOTD one spot higher than the DRRR volume 1.

BTW, the HOTD color omnibus = worth every penny. That is some high quality material. You can clearly tell the Yen Press staff put a lot of effort into it.

I figured we wouldn't see a second omnibus until it had already been released in Japan. Since the manga is currently on hiatus, I'm wondering if they'll wait for an 8th volume, or just go ahead and publish it with volumes 5-7. All would depend upon how many more volumes past number 7 that the Sato's were planning on creating, I suppose.

I agree completely with your assessment of the HOTD Colour Omnibus. The book is of very high quality. In addition to the beautiful artwork by Shouji Sato, the covers, binding, paper material, layouts, and colour printing were all top notch. The Yen Press staff did a terrific job and the work they put into it shows. I'm curious to know how well it is selling.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1