• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2005 Schoolgirls and Mobilesuits Conference

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Why do these never come around to Denver? Maybe I am missing something, but nothing like this ever seems to hit Denver.
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:47 am Reply with quote
Well, at least this is specialized enough that it's not just Denver that's left out, but pretty much the rest of the country too. On the other hand, if this is something you're interested in, keep an eye on the kinds of events going on at your local universities. Chances are actually not too bad that sooner or later an Asian Studies or Film department will run some kind of seminar that covers anime/manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Malroth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this is run specificly by MCAD, and really is worth the trip if you're able to go. I've attended the past two years (trying to go this year as well)...Any word on the book that Frenchie mentioned last year?
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Malroth wrote:
...Any word on the book that Frenchie mentioned last year?

Mechademia. It's launching as soon as I get the required insert illustrations all finished. (Which should be Saturday. I hope! Embarassed ) It's supposed to hit bookshelves next fall, but will possibly be ready this spring. I'll speak with her about it and find out more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Lothar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:55 am Reply with quote
Glad you've liked it, Malroth, and I'd love it if you could come again. My being a presenter has no bearing on this opinion whatsover.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1