• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, February 5-11

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Ah, so many amazing anime to buy. Gundam 00, Code Geass R2, and Sengoku Basara chief among them.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
So what's with Amazon de-listing K-On! (BD Vol 1?) I thought Bandai was going to keep producing while the license was good.

... Unless this is a sign of a box-set coming, in which case tone withdrawn.
shi666san

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote
my poor wallet's been hurting so much this week Anime cry
next week's not gonna as bad with Madoka & Hakuouki though
Kohii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:51 pm Reply with quote
shi666san wrote:
my poor wallet's been hurting so much this week Anime cry
next week's not gonna as bad with Madoka & Hakuouki though

I think TRSI will start shipping Madoka out withing the next two days (an authorization just showed up on my bank account a couple of hours ago).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
So what's with Amazon de-listing K-On! (BD Vol 1?) I thought Bandai was going to keep producing while the license was good.

No it was a miss understanding on your part. They are only going to keep producing current releases while license were still good, the K-On! Bluray was canceled because it hadn't come out yet. The K-On! DVD box set however, will continue to be produced until the license runs out.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:07 am Reply with quote
Toriko definitely, and when the GN of Soul Eater NOT! comes out, and I'm going to give Devil and her Love Song a try. Will at one point get around to getting Saiunkoku, Sakura Hime, and Kamisama Kiss.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:30 am Reply with quote
Already got and read my copy of A Devil and Her Love Song Vol. 1. ^^ And yay for Soul Eater Not!'s launch - can't wait for it to officially come out in graphic novel form.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:31 am Reply with quote
Ah Viz, trying to bankrupt me as usual at the start of the month...
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:19 am Reply with quote
050795 wrote:
Quote:

No it was a miss understanding on your part. They are only going to keep producing current releases while license were still good, the K-On! Bluray was canceled because it hadn't come out yet. The K-On! DVD box set however, will continue to be produced until the license runs out.

No you are mistaken, I have all four volumes of K-ON! on Blu Ray sitting on my shelf right now.

Aura Ichadora wrote:
Already got and read my copy of A Devil and Her Love Song Vol. 1. ^^ And yay for Soul Eater Not!'s launch - can't wait for it to officially come out in graphic novel form.

ANN is a little late on this Soul Eater Not launched in the Oct 11 issue.

On a crappy side note, Yen finally took all the old issues of the online magazine down Sad
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:22 am Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
So what's with Amazon de-listing K-On! (BD Vol 1?)

K-On! BD's are still listed on Rightstuf. Maybe Amazon ran out of stock? I would only worry if Rightstuf no longer has it for sale.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
bglassbrook wrote:
So what's with Amazon de-listing K-On! (BD Vol 1?)

K-On! BD's are still listed on Rightstuf. Maybe Amazon ran out of stock? I would only worry if Rightstuf no longer has it for sale.

Actually, RightStuf is lising a LOT of Bandai titles as OOP. Bandai claimed they would keep these titles in-print for a while, but it's looking otherwise unless more come in stock later.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Well its about damn time that Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Volume 2 came out on DVD!The blurays are far to expensive now I can finally afford to watch this series!Now bring on volume 3 and 4 on dvd!
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
Well its about damn time that Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Volume 2 came out on DVD!The blurays are far to expensive now I can finally afford to watch this series!Now bring on volume 3 and 4 on dvd!

Bad news. No more DVD releases. 5 and 6 are going to be Blu-Ray only.

I'll pick up 00 later. Hopefully. Already own the movie. Just waited on the tv series.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:

Bad news. No more DVD releases. 5 and 6 are going to be Blu-Ray only.

I'll pick up 00 later. Hopefully. Already own the movie. Just waited on the tv series.

Well that is horrid news!So volume 3 and 4 won't released on Dvd as well?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
050795 wrote:
Quote:

No you are mistaken, I have all four volumes of K-ON! on Blu Ray sitting on my shelf right now.

Right sorry when I read the question I was thinking of the Bluray box set not the individual volumes (should have read it better).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2