• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Fortune Retold

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thepsychogamer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:43 am Reply with quote
I thought they where porting Tales of the Abyss to the 3DS because they wanted to give the players the chance to make the story a bigger headache with the awful 3D effects.
naninanino

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote
Hmm.. I must make a note to myself to check out some of the indie games on Steam. And also preorder The Last Story some time this week.
Mune

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:14 am Reply with quote
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend seems a bit too soon with little additional content to those who already have the previous games with DLC. And having a game franchise release a spin-off/sequel every year doesn't appeal to me. It reminds me of the all the FPS and sport games that come out yearly and are crap.

Also,
Quote:
jerks with names like “Ragna the Bloodedge.”

do you have any idea why he's a jerk? Everyone's trying to kill/capture him.
Sarukah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
Heck yes, Hakuoki. I've had it preordered since November. I really hope it does well so freaking much. It'd be such a shame if this did really horribly, especially since other companies are definitely watching to see how this does.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote
oh yeah those indie games on steam are fun i love recettear, chantelise and so forth. They are a lot of fun to play with great depth and on the resident color port.. wow i forgot all about that.. Still I want to see a psn or digital release of resident evil 1.5 it plays so much better or looks harder than the second game that was released here, even though I love re2 so much
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXnymHTvHrE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Conception: Please Have My Child: I'm sure Miroku would love to play this game so he can pick up tips on how to woo women into having his children. Anime hyper

Last Story: I'm sure this'll get a U.S. release too. Nintendo of America would be foolish to ignore this. At least it's sinking in about what we want.

Fortune Summoners: Sounds like a neat game. Difficulty in platformers can be a rather touchy point of contention for old school gamers, but it never hurts to give it a try.

Tales of the Abyss 3DS: Still getting it regardless that I have the PS2 version. We need to boost sales for Tales so more than just Graces F gets brought over.

thepsychogamer wrote:
I thought they where porting Tales of the Abyss to the 3DS because they wanted to give the players the chance to make the story a bigger headache with the awful 3D effects.

I can see you clearly loved Abyss. Rolling Eyes
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:46 pm Reply with quote
The existence of that Conception game makes me want to dig my eyes out with a spoon.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Extreme Escape Adventure is literally 'Prisoner's Dilemma: The Game". I remember playing a simulation that used the same scoring system in an international relations course when I was an undergraduate.

Shenl742 wrote:
The existence of that Conception game makes me want to dig my eyes out with a spoon.

I'll get some fudge sauce, sprinkles and soft ice cream. We'll make sundaes!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Extreme Escape Adventure is literally 'Prisoner's Dilemma: The Game". I remember playing a simulation that used the same scoring system in an international relations course when I was an undergraduate.

Shenl742 wrote:

I'll get some fudge sauce, sprinkles and soft ice cream. We'll make sundaes!

Hehe, we'll have EYES-cream, hehe.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:

i know of h-game that is far worse and more serve that makes me sick... then again raping woman, ntr and murder is not my thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Iridescent_Fall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Hakuoki! I can't wait! I have two limited edition copies ordered for myself, to support the release. We really need more otome games and visual novels in English! Everyone- support this game! Very Happy
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Shenl742 wrote:

i know of h-game that is far worse and more serve that makes me sick... then again raping woman, ntr and murder is not my thing.

Oh, I don't doubt it.

It's not really that I'm offended per se, it's just that the premise is just so incredibly...dumb. A bit creepy too.
thepsychogamer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:

thepsychogamer wrote:

I can see you clearly loved Abyss. Rolling Eyes

The only good thing I can say is it wasn't Legendia, both games where god awful IMO though.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I would be willing to play that Conception game. Looks like it could be fun to play. Too bad it will probably never come over the US.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
opn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
i pre ordered both tota 3DS and togf around december and i am heavily anticipating both of them really hoping they do well enough for a xillia release state side or maybe a innocence R release since we missed out on the original. and yeah conceptions plot sounds.....very very weird.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3