• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Site Layout Work

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Sell-outs!

Laughing
biliano

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
We'll also be tweaking it for some new site features, after which time we will begin making the appropriate changes to the other skins.

Now that you've mentioned it, I was meaning to bring this up for some time, but I think it would be beneficial for this site to add a printer-friendly option for you column articles, reviews, and interviews. With so many comprehensive and well-written articles that this site provides every day (such as the Shelf Life column, which I print every time a new article appears), it gets very cumbersome to be forced to print the skins that surround the articles. Other websites feature printer-friendly oprtions for their articles; heck, even Anime On DVD has a printer-friendly option for their reviews. I'm very surprise that this site doesn't have a printer-friendly option for their articles.

I hope you at least consider the option to make your articles printer-friendly. Idea
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:12 am Reply with quote
On a completely different tangent, has anyone seen the banner for The Locker? I'm easily spooked to begin with, but maaan, those glowing eyes freaked the sh!t out of me the first time I glanced at the banner. The website gives me the willies, too.

*shudders* I'm such a pussy when it comes to scary movies.
Animedude35

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:15 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
On a completely different tangent, has anyone seen the banner for The Locker? I'm easily spooked to begin with, but maaan, those glowing eyes freaked the sh!t out of me the first time I glanced at the banner. The website gives me the willies, too.

*shudders* I'm such a pussy when it comes to scary movies.

LOL right when you said this I had to look up at the banner....and there it was! IT then went to another animation where it pops the face forward and back Laughing
TheoryGirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:16 am Reply with quote
I saw it, too! The one with the girl in the window...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
oe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:07 am Reply with quote
Some new design elements would be nice in addition to the skin/layout change... like maybe some new colors, a different elf-chick in the upper left (who is that, anyway?) and some new fonts. I know this would entail a great deal of work, but how long has it been since this stuff was changed? After all, this is "The Internet's most trusted anime news source," and I'd imagine with the volume this site receives, it might be beneficial to bring the look up-to-date.

Never mind. I'm an idiot and just browsed the "skins" menu for the first time in over 2 years. ANN rocks.
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:24 am Reply with quote
It's the Anime Castle ads that are the worse. I think they're trying to reinforce the stereotype that Anime is only ladies with big boobies.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:36 am Reply with quote
oe wrote:
a different elf-chick in the upper left (who is that, anyway?)

There *is* an FAQ with the answer to this:
animenewsnetwork.com/show.php?text=15#who_is_jadress
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
T0FFe3m@n

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I use the "Dragonball Blue" skin.. probably because I edited it. Laughing
Tenka-Ichi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:41 pm Reply with quote
T0FFe3m@n wrote:
I use the "Dragonball Blue" skin.. probably because I edited it. Laughing

That's a good skin.

I'm currently using the NERVous system skin, basically just because I love Evangelion so much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1