• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Katsucon 18: Funimation Entertainment Industry Panel

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I wonder who'll be in the Panty & Stocking dub. My hope is Monica Rial as Stocking. But more than that, I'm looking forward to more Hellsing Ultimate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I would have liked to see a mention of Steins;Gate, and some more info on if we will ever see Sora no Otoshimono on bluray.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Funimation then discussed Black Butler, to rancorous applause.
Did the fans at the panel hate Black Butler?!
alonsorules8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
NO Black Butler had a great applause I was there and the place went nuts.

Also Fractale will be released either later this year or next.
shadow13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Quote:

alonsorules8 wrote:
NO Black Butler had a great applause I was there and the place went nuts.

Also Fractale will be released either later this year or next.

It would seem ann messed up their words. Rancorous means bitter, long lasting resentment.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sheehan then talked about .hack//Quantum. The DVD/BD combo for that series is available now for $29.98. Sully, who used to work in the production department, said that .hack//Quantum was one of the most difficult series she worked on. There was a lot of research that had to go into the translation for that show. The translator had played games and read nearly 27 volumes of manga in the .hack franchise in Japanese to make sure all the lingo in the series was correct.

The only .hack// I've seen is .hack//SIGNS and I've read the Legend of the Twilight manga, but I have to say, that's the kind of research that should go into a show, so I applaud them on that.
dizzon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
shadow13 wrote:
Echo_City wrote:
Quote:

It would seem ann messed up their words. Rancorous means bitter, long lasting resentment.

The use of "Rancorous Applause" to describe a crowds reaction isn't always meant to be taken literally. Depending on the context in which it's used it can also indicate a high level of passion/intensity in the crowds approval.
Hiro94

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping they would release details about the other Dragonboxes they plan on releasing.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote
That last little bit about Hellsing has me pumped. It's been so long with no word about it that I'm excited to just hear that something is being done, even if it wasn't very specific.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
When asked about the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha films, Sheehan said that "there is no Nanoha in the future for us right now.

I think I died a little inside.

Oh well. At least the Japanese Blu-Rays have awesome subs.

They picked up the SB: Last Party film? How much do they make off of the series? Because I'd expect that to be pretty pricey.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote
dizzon wrote:
shadow13 wrote:
Echo_City wrote:
Quote:

The use of "Rancorous Applause" to describe a crowds reaction isn't always meant to be taken literally. Depending on the context in which it's used it can also indicate a high level of passion/intensity in the crowds approval.

No, that's the idiom "raucous applause". "rancorous applause" is an embarrassing malapropism and ANN should fix the article.
(Don't believe me, ask google-sensei, which gives a whopping 350 hits for "Rancorous Applause").
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
dizzon wrote:
shadow13 wrote:
Echo_City wrote:
Quote:

No, that's the idiom "raucous applause". "rancorous applause" is an embarrassing malapropism and ANN should fix the article.
(Don't believe me, ask google-sensei, which gives a whopping 350 hits for "Rancorous Applause").

Did you type 'should' before checking to see if the article had already been fixed?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Still no Nanoha StrikerS. I'm a sad panda. Sad Especially since Funimation seems very intent on making sure it stays off Youtube.

Oh, well. Maybe someday.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
samuelp wrote:
dizzon wrote:
shadow13 wrote:
Echo_City wrote:
Quote:

Did you type 'should' before checking to see if the article had already been fixed?

I was speaking to the general point that the poster didn't understand the mistake. So I was thinking more "should fix (any article with that phrase in it)".

Not as humorous as the one time in my youth at a large dinner with my entire extended family when I stood up and proudly proclaimed
"I don't know about you people, but I'm still ravishing!"
dizzon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:57 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
dizzon wrote:
shadow13 wrote:
Echo_City wrote:
Quote:

My fault, I should've been more specific. I can seethe misunderstanding now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3