• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2012-02-22

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:14 am Reply with quote
You know...if I ran that arcade, I'd just hire Myoopi right then and there. Fill one of those mini-cranes or gumball machines with his, erm, output. Laughing You could pay him in snausages or...wait, what *does* he eat? o_o
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:18 am Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
You know...if I ran that arcade, I'd just hire Myoopi right then and there. Fill one of those mini-cranes or gumball machines with his, erm, output. Laughing You could pay him in snausages or...wait, what *does* he eat? o_o

Yeah, stuff that little furball into one of those "PLAY TILL YOU WIN" games and watch the tokens roll in.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote
At one time, in front of a giant crane machine, we contemplated of having our baby nephew do exactly just that............... Laughing
(And help our crane grab the goodies!)
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:33 am Reply with quote
Things like this tend me to make me wonder if there more fantasies about animals that crap candy and ice cream than I would expect there to be, or fewer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:36 am Reply with quote
This comic is... what, 2-3 years old? And the poop jokes still haven't gotten old. That is a testament to the series if I ever saw one.
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:38 am Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:

KoolWhip, if I remember correctly.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:40 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure Nina's breaking all kinds of laws by not having that thing on a leash Laughing
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:45 am Reply with quote
I know that I really shouldn't find the joke in the comic as funny as I do being that I am adult, but I can't help but enjoy this comic. There I said it and I am not taking it back.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:46 am Reply with quote
chefneer wrote:
JesuOtaku wrote:

KoolWhip, if I remember correctly.

Ah yes, now I remember! I knew it was in one of the early strips, but couldn't remember precisely. Anime hyper Stock up the fridge and hire the little bean bun then!
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:39 am Reply with quote
That doesn't seem like a very realistic representation of an arcade. Panel 4 clearly shows loose coins located somewhere light can reach.

JesuOtaku wrote:
You could pay him in snausages or...wait, what *does* he eat? o_o

I think the demonstrated answer is: everything, but try to keep the action figures at bay.
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:43 am Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
This comic is... what, 2-3 years old? And the poop jokes still haven't gotten old. That is a testament to the series if I ever saw one.

I was just gonna say the exact same thing. Laughing

Murphy just can't let the poor little guy be content. One second it's the the clothes dryer, the next it's OOOOH THE CLAW. He's obviously hanging out with the wrong group of friends.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Elves

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:51 am Reply with quote
Wow. Apparently Myoopi's output is not equivalent to the amount of input. O_O Hilarious!
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:10 am Reply with quote
Hmph, if it was a real, old school arcade, it would take quarters and not tokens. Laughing

Also, it's amusing that this came out now since I recall a few days back there was a news story about some kid climbing in to one of these and needing to be cut out of it. Why people didn't just keep playing until they caught it is beyond me. I don't know how long it takes Robin to draw these, so I'm not sure if that partially inspired this or not.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:10 am Reply with quote
You know, my dog does something similar when someone tries to pick her up as well. Nowhere near as pretty.

Last edited by prime_pm on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:32 am Reply with quote
It poops...candy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2