• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sanzigen, Ordet, Trigger Form Ultra Super Pictures Holding Firm

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:56 am Reply with quote
Only eight episodes?That's such an strange number of episodes to end a anime series with.
consignia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:34 am Reply with quote
Well, the second Mitsudomoe was only 8, but that was a production where the plug was pulled halfway through. It seems a little odd considering how popular Black Rock Shooter is to go through anything less than the standard 11 of noitaminA.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:44 am Reply with quote
consignia wrote:
Well, the second Mitsudomoe was only 8, but that was a production where the plug was pulled halfway through. It seems a little odd considering how popular Black Rock Shooter is to go through anything less than the standard 11 of noitaminA.

Yeah, it's kinda crazy...

Man... I was hoping for something big from this and maybe a bunch of the cool figure designs expanding the cast and the action, especially with the JRPG psp game trailers showing that game's future world and battle scenes that came out around the same time as the series announcement. This hit my anticipation a bit, 8 eps is really short. Sad

Last edited by DangerMouse on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:09 am Reply with quote
TRAINWRECK, THE MAKING OF...
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The companies providing capital are Good Smile Company, Max Factory, Bushiroad, Nitroplus, and Pixiv. Nitroplus and Pixiv will also collaborate on the company's scenario production team.

Ultra Super Pictures intends to invite investors from Hollywood and elsewhere in the world.

I can see how the consolidation and management and investment pool makes sense but I have a hard time seeing the traditional Hollywood being much interested in Good Smile, Max Factory, Bushiroad, Nitroplus, Pixiv fanbase type of properties. Others outside of Hollywood, I can see though.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The motivation for creating the company is to consolidate and manage licenses for the member companys works

I would be nice if this made international licensing easier and simulcasting a given.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote
And the award for "Lamest Corporate Name EVER" goes to.... *drumroll*

ULTRA SUPER PICTURES!! Come on down lol
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Quote:
The motivation for creating the company is to consolidate and manage licenses for the member companys works

I would be nice if this made international licensing easier and simulcasting a given.

That basically sounds like the intention of the entity, which is more than a welcome one if that is indeed the case. I think it is a bigger deal than some may believe (maybe not "Funico" big, but still…), although it will now depend largely on how good the products the studios put out will be. I like the potential and the particular companies involved (including pixiv and its great community of artists that it could commission), but quality and top execution of resources will determine their success, especially since this will be new territory for many of them.

Chiyosuke wrote:
And the award for "Lamest Corporate Name EVER" goes to.... *drumroll*

ULTRA SUPER PICTURES!! Come on down lol

I dunno, I kinda like it. The name and logo remind me of a retro, 70s production company…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:11 pm Reply with quote
What bothers me about the name is that for some reason I want it to be "Super Ultra Pictures".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:31 am Reply with quote
"Ultra Super Pictures"

That name is so 80's, yo! Like Optimus Prime! Or He-Man! Laughing

At least they're thinking like it's 2011, trying to expand the brand beyond the friendly confines of Japan. Wonder who the foreign investor is (are?)...............
Lenetty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:26 am Reply with quote
I can just agree. The number 8 is pretty weird for the Japanese.Although it means the musical note.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1