• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yamato Toys November Figures

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Now these are some really sweet models!!
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:04 pm Reply with quote
They fail - the Genshiken collection suffers from a critical lack of Ogiue.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Okay, you're going to have to explain that to the rest of us. I'm sure it's hip and clever and all that stuff but I am stumped.
MaikeruXX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Wow i can't wait, i have Pre-Orderd the Genshiken and the Kujibiki Unbalance Figures through my local Comic Shop. If you havn't seen Genshiken go now and watch it!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Coffeeman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I hope to get the Kujibiki Unbalance set.

Hopefully, at some point I'll be able to buy the set complete, as opposed to trusting luck.

They really got me with the Shonan Bakusozoku... I didn't realise their were two variation color schemes until I had collected a mixed set!
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Okay, you're going to have to explain that to the rest of us. I'm sure it's hip and clever and all that stuff but I am stumped.

She's a character.

I've already pre-ordered Shippon.
MaikeruXX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Coffeeman wrote:

Hopefully, at some point I'll be able to buy the set complete, as opposed to trusting luck.

They really got me with the Shonan Bakusozoku... I didn't realise their were two variation color schemes until I had collected a mixed set!

I know animegamers are already doing preorders for the single figure of the Ritsuko mini-figure of Kujibiki Unbalance and Kanako Ohno 7" PVC Genshiken Figure at their store.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Coffeeman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:26 am Reply with quote
MaikeruXX wrote:
Coffeeman wrote:

I know animegamers are already doing preorders for the single figure of the Ritsuko mini-figure of Kujibiki Unbalance and Kanako Ohno 7" PVC Genshiken Figure at their store.

Thanks for the tip...

But I'll probably just talk to my local anime store that sells SIFs and ask them to order them for me... Or else, J-List'll probably sell a complete set.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely collecting the Genshiken set. Shame that they don't have the President. They have the rest of the club, so it makes it an odd exclusion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
SnowStar_7*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Interesting... Genshi figurines. They should have put one of Ohno standing in one of her cosplay outfits. Like the red video game character one she wore at the school fest. Saki one looks better than her's, and that just wrong. Razz
Yamato USA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear you like our Kujibiki figures. FYI, these figures will be available in a 6 piece display case in the US. No repaints or chase figures. So it should be relatively easy to collect a complete set, just be sure to get an unopened display case and watch out for parallel imports as they will be in display cases of 10 which will include random pieces.
Yamato USA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Their is actually a figure of the first president, but is only available as part of the capsule toy set. We've been tossing around some ideas how we might be able to bring it over, but nothing definite yet so don't get hopes up too high.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Yamato USA wrote:
We've been tossing around some ideas how we might be able to bring it over, but nothing definite yet so don't get hopes up too high.

Just please don't say con exclusive! Most of us Japanese toy collectors already get the short end of the stick from Japanese con exclusives, but it really hurts when it's a con exclusive on our own shores that we can't attain. Online store exclusives seem to work the best if you can find a store that will make reasonable use of them (seems to be working well enough for SOTA anyway). Maybe a mail in exclusive would work well too, just not a con exclusive. Hopefully I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yamato USA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:17 pm Reply with quote
No plans for a con exclusive. Other than that, not too sure; but appreciate your suggestions.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:54 pm Reply with quote
No problem, and thank you for posting your info.

Emerje
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1