• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Psp Visual Novel Endings "Pregnancy"

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I am not really sure where to put this topic at but novels seems to be the best fit. For those who have chatted with me online, I am a huge fan of Visual Novels such as clannad, umineko, little busters which all have psp ports in-case you are wondering.

This subject may or may not cause some stir but bandai-namco always seems to release a visual novel for the psp as soon as the tv anime is done airing. One trend I have noticed is the type of endings that you get in newer vn's which results with mc getting love interest pregnant. Is this just a cry to say procreate already??

Now I am not sure if you are fan of these types of games or if this even shocking to you. I will admit the surprise ending for toradora still shocks me a bit. I will post a few screen caps below but tell me what do you think of this trend?? The latest game to do this the vn for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Toradora Tagia's Ending

Ore No Imouto Ayase's

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Harem Ending

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote
That Sukunai one......can you say "Bad End"?
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Not necessarily - it really depends on what they're fussing at him over.

As for the rise in pregnant endings, they could easily just be playing to a fetish.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Not necessarily - it really depends on what they're fussing at him over.

As for the rise in pregnant endings, they could easily just be playing to a fetish.

perhaps it is however these type of games are aimed at a certain demographic, hell they get cero "c" or what would be a esrb "t" rating.
I just think it's bit of an out cry for some is all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote
...Outcry for what?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:25 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
...Outcry for what?

you already know who play these type of games or most. I love them myself however it's an outcry for young people or adults to have kids. This is just an opinion mind you but when major IP's in japan are having cannon endings written where the girls are getting pregnant then I call it how I see it. Even school days had ending like that back in 2005 for the original visual novel but that wasn't to much of a surprise. All i am saying is that I am noticing a trend in games aimed at a younger market that have no h-scenes in them. Mind you I don't mind what people do.. I just think it's bizarre.

Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:00 am Reply with quote
Well, perhaps. I wouldn't read so deeply into these games, though, maybe the author just wants nice closure. Or they're playing to fetishes.

Speaking of, how are you playing these PSP VNs anyway? Do they have fan-lation patches?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:48 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Well, perhaps. I wouldn't read so deeply into these games, though, maybe the author just wants nice closure. Or they're playing to fetishes.

Speaking of, how are you playing these PSP VNs anyway? Do they have fan-lation patches?

Psp is region free I just import them and play them using guides writtienby people online. Most of the games are fully voiced over so I get the gist of what they are saying easily it's when you have to make choice I use the guides.

To answer your question two of these games tora dora and oreimo have fan trans in the work but that's it sadly. It is much harder to re program psp software than it is with do onscripter or real live pc software. If you want to buy the games jlist is good start.

Edit: Let me ask something else to keep the topic alive, if you have seen or watched any of these series you know the ages of the characters. It doesn't bother me all to much, however do you have a moral standing on 14-17 year old's getting pregnant even if it's in a game?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1