• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Rose Guns Days Game by Higurashi's Ryukishi07 Outlined

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:06 am Reply with quote
Well, that's an interesting premise. If, by any chance, this gets an anime adaptation, don't let Studio DEEN near it! Surprised
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:47 am Reply with quote
why do i get the feeling that kinzo or the origin of when they cry might be reviled here by some guest appearances "Bern, lambdelta i am looking at you". I am stoked for this... nipa~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pelianth
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:12 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
why do i get the feeling that kinzo or the origin of when they cry might be reviled here by some guest appearances

Or not:

Quote:
Ryukishi07 revealed in early January that he would launch a new serial work — his first new one in a year — this year. He added that it will have a completely different world setting than his previous works have had, so he will greatly enjoy the actual writing process.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:15 am Reply with quote
Oh dear lord.

That plotline is so horribly Nationalistic, Xenophobic, and ass-backwards I'm almost disgusted.

Ryukushi, WTF happened to you?
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:31 am Reply with quote
I could see this scenario being based on what some Japanese people expected after surrender.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:41 am Reply with quote
Pelianth wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
why do i get the feeling that kinzo or the origin of when they cry might be reviled here by some guest appearances

Or not:

Quote:
Ryukishi07 revealed in early January that he would launch a new serial work — his first new one in a year — this year. He added that it will have a completely different world setting than his previous works have had, so he will greatly enjoy the actual writing process.

yeah right, I have been trolled way to hard from in the past and he stated this is in the when they cry universe. Given his state of mind i might believe him, however it's only going to be until I see the product to make sure. Writers are only human after all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:42 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Oh dear lord.

That plotline is so horribly Nationalistic, Xenophobic, and ass-backwards I'm almost disgusted.

you didn't read ep 8 of umineko did you?? This is just the norm for him and he has right to do it, hell it sounds appealing to me.
Neohybrid_kai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:58 am Reply with quote
Oh yes! I'm so excited. Setting seems nostalgic, and that's one of R-07 strong point. And for you who has early bad impression, remember that he's a master of trolling, giving fair hope at the start of story, then brutally trolling the readers, while actually preparing a sweet wrap-up party at the end of the show, when most of the readers already ragequited middle way.
Etrien

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:42 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Oh dear lord.

I'm so incredibly tired of and disgusted by excessive nationalism, and I'll admit the nationalistic undertones in this plot summary triggered some aversion inside me.

But, I'll withhold judgment for now. The main reason being that Ryukishi07 already has an amazing track record in my book for writing with an incredible sense of empathy and fairness. Further, his previous work (despite being set in Japan) was entirely driven by western themes and influence. Not to mention, the names of the two leads in this story are both still western.

Even if it comes off sounding nationalistic or xenophobic at a glance, I have enough reasons to suspect the finished product might actually be very different.

EDIT: It's a bit weird to see Ryukishi step away from the artist role, though. Where else can I get my meathand fix?
Vantos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:15 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Oh dear lord.

I actually see nothing wrong with the "native people get sidelined in their own country" plotline on a moral level -- after all that's our very basis for not only condemning Imperial Japan for its actions in Korea, Southeast Asia, and China, but also Nazi Germany's actions in Eastern Europe, and even the US's actions against the Native Americans.

Perhaps the fear is that they'll downplay Japan's own foreign incursions, which led to the war, and portray the Japanese as plaster saints bullied by those big meanie American soldiers or something.

Still though, that art style doesn't look like my cup of tea, and I'm not sure I'd enjoy the story.
shukero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:56 am Reply with quote
Wait, I'm a bt confused; is this a normal game or an eroge? I have a hard time remembering little if any directors names Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:14 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to it, but most likely I'll have to wait for the anime because I don't play those games. But I definitely have a love to Ryukishi07 and Type-Moon works.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
Wait, I'm a bt confused; is this a normal game or an eroge? I have a hard time remembering little if any directors names Sad

It will be an all ages visual novel despite the amount of violence lol. R7 has never written or done any adult series that I am aware of.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I actually see nothing wrong with the "native people get sidelined in their own country" plotline on a moral level -- after all that's our very basis for not only condemning Imperial Japan for its actions in Korea, Southeast Asia, and China, but also Nazi Germany's actions in Eastern Europe, and even the US's actions against the Native Americans.

You see no problem with the plotline being "Them damn dirty foriegners are taking over our glorious Japan!"

I just don't want this to be the Japanese version of the Turner Diaries. Which it probably won't be, but still. I'm getting sick of Japan acting like they were some innocent saints who were attacked in WWII for no reason. Didn't Ishihara deny that the Rape of Nanking ever happened?
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Looking forward to it, but most likely I'll have to wait for the anime because I don't play those games. But I definitely have a love to Ryukishi07 and Type-Moon works.

You don't read/play Visual Novel games? If you actually ended up liking Ryukishi07 and Type-Moon from anime adaptions of their works, then you're missing quite a bit of what makes them good. The Visual Novels are so deep, and there is a lot that one cannot transfer to the anime...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2